• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

So I'm At The Vault Wearing A R1...

Its like driving a model t ford to the ford dealer and them being like, "hey cool car, what is it?" lol
Guess its also because we love oakley and would hope they share our passion. Better than me being in Atlanta and the employee telling me my XX were fake! Bret give me my money back!

It's cool that you guys have rare Oakleys, but why do you need someone to acknowledge you? Just wear them and try not to be too insecure if an Oakley employee does notice them. Just my 2cents

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Its like driving a model t ford to the ford dealer and them being like, "hey cool car, what is it?" lol

Guess its also because we love oakley and would hope they share our passion.
If that's the case then wouldn't it be better to go to a classic car/Oakley meet and let your fellow enthusiasts enjoy your car/oakley? I think that would be more productive and produce results that you're hoping for.

what point? to many, it's just a job. because you work there doesn't mean you are required to have the passion of a enthusiast. and just because they don't share your passion, doesn't make them a bad employee either.

really, it's not that hard to understand.

Thread is taking a wrong turn. This will hopefully explain why this situation occurs in Oakley stores and almost all others where young people work. In my opinion todays youth are considered the "entitled" or "me" generation. Only concerned with themselves, and if it doesn't affect them, then they really do not care. This is starting to be noticed in National News. A job is just to pay bills, "if they have to work". Customer service is out the window in a lot of cases. "How many times have you stood at a register and the employee reaches into their pocket to see if someone facebooked them." Members, do not take this personally if you are young. Its not all of you. This is noticed in schools, workplaces, and with Twitter, Facebook, and all other social media. Youth cannot converse with others, it has to be texting and email only. 120 characters or less. That explains why in the same room, teenagers will text each other back and forth instead of talking. CEO's of major companies are starting to complain about their new hires within 4 months asking for CORNER offices, and wanting fridays off, and do they have to wear a suit to work, and where is their raise. This is truly becoming an issue within this country. Changes are really starting to affect our laws, and how people interact. And it is not all good. Oakley employees a lot of the time do like what they are doing, and care in general about the customer. X-Metals were one of Oakley's higher end items, and were definitely a major contribution to the sunglass world. The example of the Ford dealer was a good one. Here is one better. A guy pulls up to a Mercedes Dealer in a 1955 300SL Gullwing Aluminum body. (29 made) (value 4.56million) The Salesman walks out and says nice CHEVY. That is what we are talking about. I know its sunglasses, and not a big deal in life, but in Oakley world the X-Metals series is the grail. Frogs, and Boss'es have thier value too but X-Metal is where it is. Now it is all plastics and most employees just want to finish their shift and leave. My Vault's employees, did know about Juliets, but when I was asked if some certain lenses came in I was told "yes, three big boxes of lenses came in this morning and we have not had time to go through them. Then I asked if they could take a look in them to see if they had what I needed. I was told "no, cause if they are in there, I can't just take them out and sell. I would have to go through the whole box and I don't have time to do that now. If you come back tomorrow, maybe we will have it done by then." REALLY, tell a paying customer that. Especially one who has spent over 4k there in the past month. Some of it is understandable, but proper might have been, Sir, if yo can wait a little bit, I will try and go through them and see if we can find what you are looking for. Somewhat Lazy is the way I took it.

Once again YOUNG members, I am not trying to put you personally down, or say you guys are selfish, mean or don't know anything. Most on here are absolutely great, knowledgeable, and I am happy to be just a part of this. If you are young, take what I am saying constructively and start looking around you and pay attention to what or how your friends and peers are doing things and how they act. You will start to see what I am talking about. Even talk to your parents and see what their opinion might be. I bet it is the same as I have mentioned. Then notice how it affects either them or those around them. I am talking from a life of experience, both from my Career and training so please don't take this personally.

what point? to many, it's just a job. because you work there doesn't mean you are required to have the passion of a enthusiast. and just because they don't share your passion, doesn't make them a bad employee either.

really, it's not that hard to understand.
I have to respond----- A JOB with a company, and being a salesman for them, should require a basic knowledge of past, present and possibly future products. That is what a good salesman try's to do on their own and not have to be told by the company to learn it. My previous post explains this all. "It is just a job" When a company hires a person for sales, they expect the person to become knowledgable about their products, or already know about them. That is part of the job. Not just show up and work. Then use that knowledge to sell for them. That includes past, present and future models. That is why they hired you in the first place. It seems in todays times you have to explain this to people. For some reason it just doesn't compute.

Hope I don't start a hell storm with all this. Not meant to be demeaning, but maybe helpful to some.

To elaborate on infinitehero's point, most of the knowledge at a job comes from experience over time. This means making mistakes, whether minor or severe, or having customers educate you once in a while. When it comes to the x metal line, It has already been established that x metals are not their best sellers. Often times they are displayed in a case that is off to the side and grouped with watches that are way out of people price ranges. I feel that the consumers of x metals are those who have a deep passion and obsession with the art and beauty of x metal frames (look at feargear's collection, is it a chance that he collects the xmetal line and not any other?). With this obsession comes the urge to know more and do outside research. Not relying on employees for all the information. Of course once in a while you will meet an employee who is also an xmetal enthusiast but it shouldn't be expected that all others be enthusiasts as well. I for one like challenging employees with difficult questions or talking about what they are interested in. I work in sales and I am always up for when customers challenge me with their question. Of course I can't always be right or provide every answer but I try my best and try to learn in the process. It would be ideal for everyone to have the same attitude but its just not realistic. The prime example are my coworkers. Not to put them down but I just feel that they under serve their customers. At the end of the day, one should not lose faith in all oakleys employees just because you met some that don't have comprehensive knowledge. Who knows you might have just inspired some future feargear's.