• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Some People Are Sort Of Stupid

Agreed. You know that they're saving a few bucks, but then again, maybe not that much. They can get light boxes that add very little weight. Look at Amazon's cardboard. It's light, thin, and strong. I can only imagine how pissed You get when the numbers are bent and creased. I meabn, what are You supposed to do? Iron a number that's 3/8" thick? You would probably burn it. The only way tho straighten it out would be repeated steaming, and sonmetimes steaming can discolor.
It's just all so freaking unnecessary. People are just clueless about what happens to the consumer. Like my Deep H2O for Flak XLJ. Oakley is only going to make so many for us die-hard Flak 1.0 guys. Then, full production will be flipped over to 2.0. In the long run, when more people discover how great the H2O Deep lense really is, some people will never get them. And idiots who pack them carelessly are destroying a commodity with a finite production number. Oh, well. Fools will be fools. And there are a LOT of them out there.
If only there was some time of "shipping etiquette" thread somewhere. :rolleyes:

:p

would not surprise me if there is a little Tom running around out there !

tumblr_nr6gdhRpqH1ua1rngo1_500.jpg

I saw the Some People Are Sort Of Stupid thread title and thought "I HAVE TO SEE WHAT THIS IS ALL ABOUT!!!"

Immediately upon seeing the OP's pic I figured the stupidity in question was the posting of an address label showing full name and address for all to see... WORLDWIDE.

It turns out the stupidity intended was about a company's packaging and shipping practices (and I agree they don't seem too bright).

However, I think it might serve you well Wally, uh... I mean Deryl, to redact a little information from your picture. :eek:

I saw the Some People Are Sort Of Stupid thread title and thought "I HAVE TO SEE WHAT THIS IS ALL ABOUT!!!"

Immediately upon seeing the OP's pic I figured the stupidity in question was the posting of an address label showing full name and address for all to see... WORLDWIDE.

It turns out the stupidity intended was about a company's packaging and shipping practices (and I agree they don't seem too bright).

However, I think it might serve you well Wally, uh... I mean Deryl, to redact a little information from your picture. :eek:
Too late. We are all taking turns signing him up for every ridiculous mail order catalog. :rofl:

Anyone who wants to send gifts, cash, Oakleys, whatever they want to my PO Box is more than welcome. In fact, I invite everyone int the world to mail me a dollar, a Euro, a Ruble, Juliets, X-Metal XX 's. Anything they want, feel free.
I LOVE money and gifts. You can even send multiples. I do not mind.
Plus, any of the hundreds of people that I've bought things from have far more information than that. Even the store that I buy CD's from has more info than that, and they are RUTHLESS sharers of customer information.
I even put a picture of mysejlf on my Avatar. They will know that I was at Boot Hill in 1959.
Man, what they couldn't do with THAT kind of information. They will probably find out that I bought Rock Candy at Stuckey's.
Amyone who wants can come right up to my front door. If they want food, I'll give them food. If they need some money, I'll probably give them some of that too. If they want trouble, I'm set up for that too. No problem.

Last edited:
Too late. We are all taking turns signing him up for every ridiculous mail order catalog. :rofl:

I took it to the next level, i have just ordered two mail order brides for wally, one is coming from Belarus, the other from Thailand.......with a bit of luck they will arrive at the same time. They are both coming FedEx® International Next Flight. Paid for by wally of course. Amazing what you can do with the info he posted.

There might be some drama when the 2 women find out about each other, but i am sure wally can handle it.

I took it to the next level, i have just ordered two mail order brides for wally, one is coming from Belarus, the other from Thailand.......with a bit of luck they will arrive at the same time. They are both coming FedEx® International Next Flight. Paid for by wally of course. Amazing what you can do with the info he posted.

There might be some drama when the 2 women find out about each other, but i am sure wally can handle it.
Hot women in Thailand were actually born boys...

Joke's on you...