1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. WILL-I-AM

WILL-I-AM Oakley Expert Premium Member

Hello all,
    Been a long time Oakley fan and enthusiast. I have collected many different styles over the years, but have never owned or even tried on a pair of X-Metals. I'm very soon wanting to buy a pair off the exchange here but have some questions and concerns. I am falling in love with the X Squared based off appearance and style alone. My main concerns are fit. Like I said, I have never tried on a pair and will be purchasing a pair to wear. Also, a concern of mine is maintenance and repairs/tune-ups when needed. Obviously, Oakley does not perform warranty or repairs anymore, so this is a concern. After reading through posts, it appears there are some third party options and forum members that provide this service. So, just some thoughts that have been going through my head as I make a decision and jump in. Any thoughts, comments, concerns and advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

First. Have no fear. The third party guys on her will be able to take care of you should you have any concerns.
    Second. WEAR THEM and don't be scared to hurt them. They are built to take the beating and there's pretty much nothing you can do to them that can't be fixed.

VolcanOG, thisguy and WILL-I-AM like this.
  3. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

Don't be concerned that Oakley no longer services them - the x-man is better, faster, and cheaper anyway.

The only real way to address fitting concerns is to try them on. With XS, if you don't like them, you can sell them again. Just don't overpay and you shouldn't lose anything...

thisguy, Fernando and WILL-I-AM like this.
  4. WILL-I-AM

Thanks, yeah that's what I figure. Of course I would like to try on a pair before I purchase, but I personally don't know anyone that has a pair. I have a Oakley Vault less than an hour drive. I may stop by and maybe someone there will either have a pair or know someone who does and would be willing to let me try them on. I doubt it, but you never know haha. If I was to purchase a pair and they end up not being a fit, I agree reselling is a good option. The key part is not overpaying, and be stuck eating the cost. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

5. Fernando

Fernando Oakley Expert Premium Member

Hello, are you sure what you do?, once you start you can not stop... :biggrin:

Wellcome To The Xmetal addiction

VolcanOG likes this.
  6. WILL-I-AM

Haha, yeah I'm well aware. Kinda afraid once I get my hands on one, there will be many more to follow. The wife and bank account won't agree, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

7. OakleyFrankFMJ

Easy solution there.

Time for the wife to go. ;)

RoTors, mercat, supersharp and 3 others like this.
  8. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

Yeah, the odds of that happening are a pretty long shot. Still, any excuse to swing by a Vault is a good excuse... ;)

Fernando and WILL-I-AM like this.
  9. WILL-I-AM

Yeah, but child support will guarantee no extra money to buy them haha. I would end up selling off all my collection lol.

VolcanOG and Fernando like this.
  10. OakleyFrankFMJ

YOU keep the kids too. That'll show her!;)

supersharp and Fernando like this.