• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Stan F.

aWintersTale

Oakley Beginner
Hi. I like collecting the more obscure Oakley frames, sourcing various sites for vintage glasses. I fit them all with my rather strong prescription, for everyday use, and for some, for wearing under my goggles when I ride my mountain bike. These two, the Oakley Soft Top and the Haylon A in black/purple, I want to be blunt with you. Does the Haylon look too feminine? It definitely have the cateye style, but the other parts like the industrial silver embossment and the straight temple, give a more masculine look. What do you think? I would like to wear these for everyday use, but I don't want to be stared at for all the wrong reasons.

PXL_20231026_171630781.MP.jpg

PXL_20231026_172542180.MP.jpg

PXL_20231026_172607869.MP.jpg

PXL_20231026_172617354.MP.jpg

PXL_20231026_171532993.jpg

PXL_20231026_171607316.MP.jpg

Hi. I like collecting the more obscure Oakley frames, sourcing various sites for vintage glasses. I fit them all with my rather strong prescription, for everyday use, and for some, for wearing under my goggles when I ride my mountain bike. These two, the Oakley Soft Top and the Haylon A in black/purple, I want to be blunt with you. Does the Haylon look too feminine? It definitely have the cateye style, but the other parts like the industrial silver embossment and the straight temple, give a more masculine look. What do you think? I would like to wear these for everyday use, but I don't want to be stared at for all the wrong reasons.

View attachment 1092745

View attachment 1092746

View attachment 1092747

View attachment 1092748

View attachment 1092749

View attachment 1092750
I'd say without seeing your 'boat-race', we won't be able to say. There are a variety of factors. Yes, the Haylon do have feminine curves, hence the primary target. However, if you like and feel comfortable in them, then have at it!

That is kinda one thing about Oakley of old is they did not accommodate either sex with any style. Some styles leaned harder on women side than mans and vice versa but with the right facial structure anyone could pull off wearing the ones that leaned towards the opposite sex. I have seen women wear anything from Scars, Straight Jackets, Pitboss (my step daughter rocks that style which pi$$es me off because I don't LOL) and even original Flak Jackets and 2.0. I would say the Hayon would look good on a mans straighter pointed shape face than a bold round. Of course today Lux has it where there are many obvious female targeted models available like Deviation comes to mind.

Oh and welcome.... the stranger you are the better you will fit in here :crazypilot:

Back