• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Star Wars

"Dad, don't eat that egg. It's the Death Star!" o_O

IMG_2901.JPG

So the events in Rogue One takes place before Star Wars (#4)? Am I correct?
The building of the Death Star.

From what I've gleaned, remember at the beginning of the 1st Star Wars (#4), Leia was running away from Vader with the plans to the Death Star? Apparently this movie is about how those plans were stolen...

Doesn't feel like a standard Star Wars movie. I hope as they extend into the Expanded Universe the movies break from the Lucas mold of acting, character development, music overlay, scenes, etc.
It's Disney so I am guessing NO. I would assume they will make them to look as tho they belong in the time slot of the series as the stories are told.

Unlike the Video Game looking kinda Crap that was Star Wars 1, 2 and 3. Remember how Lucas "dumbed" down #3 at the end so it looked like it belonged and connected to #4.

It's the Corporate Machine that is Disney and they will bleed this franchise to death.

I have to say in my opinion so far they have done a pretty good job. The Force Awakens was very good and now Rogue One looks interesting as well.

Time will tell..........and it will the next 5+ years Star Wars will be everywhere.

From what I've gleaned, remember at the beginning of the 1st Star Wars (#4), Leia was running away from Vader with the plans to the Death Star? Apparently this movie is about how those plans were stolen...
You are correct.

Rogue One promised to tickle some nostalgia centers in geek brains by the setting alone... Taking place just before the events of A New Hope, the movie follows the ragtag group that stole the Death Star plans that was so central to the first movie's story and eventual success of the Rebellion.

Of course, it can't be any group; it has to be a ragtag group... :D

Seriously though, since they cut Lucas out of the loop it can't suck any worse than anything he did. And we get to go all '70s retro costumes... ;)

Back