• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Super Quick Noob Question?....

hollygrove

Oakley Beginner
Just bought my first x-metal.. A Juliet...what's the deal with the big coin n the outer sleeve with the holes in? All Juliet's/x squared I've seen have the 2-part box that slides apart..is it just an older gen Juliet?

Yes....that's a pre 2009 box. All the 2009 and up X Metals have the new box design and redesigned coins. The X Squared only came with this redesigned box as it came out at the time the revamped packaging did

Super quick response..thanks a lot...rather than post another thread can I change this to...how do you spot a fake Juliet/x squared? Are they even a common occurrence?

Edit: sorry, also want to ask if there's any difference in the Juliet itself between older gen and new..like if I wanted lenses or accessorys..

No there's no difference functionally...parts and lenses are all the same and interchangeable. As for fakes...you can just tell. I will say this, if you've got a box like that, it likely legit...fakes don't usually have the right packaging. If you ever have doubts post pics here, any number of us can spot fakes on sight.

ucdavis! on the ball with answers! (v)

hollygrove depending on if your juliets have a serial nuber or not, i say you've made a better purchase than a new one.first generations (early serialised pairs) had much nicer finishes on them (Xmetal was more raw-looking, and plasma was the matte white bone color). congrats on your purchase, and we want to see some pics!

ucdavis! on the ball with answers! (v)

hollygrove depending on if your juliets have a serial nuber or not, i say you've made a better purchase than a new one.first generations (early serialised pairs) had much nicer finishes on them (Xmetal was more raw-looking, and plasma was the matte white bone color). congrats on your purchase, and we want to see some pics!

+1...love the older X Metal finishes. I must say though, I'm quite impressed with the Plasma finish from the last 2 years. Granted...nothing like the first gens...but I do like the sheen of the newest Plasma's.

Latest Posts

Back