• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

TdF 2013

I finally got to catch everything but the TT. I agree the course choices and efforts put forth by the riders have made for great racing and TV. The night finish should be awesome and hopefully a safe experience for the finally and all the riders. I think this year has definitely help to highlight some potential stars of the next five years should they all stay healthy (and "clean") with the determination they showed in the last week. It's nice to see signs of true climbers again to bring back the days of the Marco Pantani type flare.

I finally got to catch everything but the TT. I agree the course choices and efforts put forth by the riders have made for great racing and TV. The night finish should be awesome and hopefully a safe experience for the finally and all the riders. I think this year has definitely help to highlight some potential stars of the next five years should they all stay healthy (and "clean") with the determination they showed in the last week. It's nice to see signs of true climbers again to bring back the days of the Marco Pantani type flare.
I completely agree, and to see TJ strong in the last week along with Talansky finishing in the top 10 on his FIRST TdF has given me hope for the future American stars.

I completely agree, and to see TJ strong in the last week along with Talansky finishing in the top 10 on his FIRST TdF has given me hope for the future American stars.

Yes exactly. That combined with some of the under 23 development riders hopefully coming into their own as well. When they finally make the big races in that time as well we might see some consistency for US riders again.

Sent from my iPhone via satellite from outer frickin' space!

Yes exactly. That combined with some of the under 23 development riders hopefully coming into their own as well. When they finally make the big races in that time as well we might see some consistency for US riders again.

Sent from my iPhone via satellite from outer frickin' space!
It's exciting. I think I might have mentioned him earlier, I can't remember, but Dombrowski is a rookie this year with Team Sky. You might remember him from the Bontrager Development Team. He rode the Tour of California this year and did exceptionally well on the climbs. I hope to see him grow with Sky, I mean look at all these stars their spitting out!

For me it's been the best Tour I can remember (and that's going back to the mid-late 80's). Wonderful routes, brutal mountain stages & racing of the highest quality.

Thie was a great tour. I can't help but wonder what would have happened if Valverde wouldn't have had the problems with his tire that day in the cross winds. Would there have been 2 Movistar guys on the podium? Would Quintana have been given the chang eto go for it all? Lots of people emerged as future stars of the Tour and cycling.

Thie was a great tour. I can't help but wonder what would have happened if Valverde wouldn't have had the problems with his tire that day in the cross winds. Would there have been 2 Movistar guys on the podium? Would Quintana have been given the chang eto go for it all? Lots of people emerged as future stars of the Tour and cycling.
Yea definitely a tough call had that outcome been different. Same thing if Tejay didn't have that mechanical on stage 18, could he have won that day? I think it would have been just enough...so much for the Di2 eliminating that kind of thing.:rolleyes:

For me it's been the best Tour I can remember (and that's going back to the mid-late 80's). Wonderful routes, brutal mountain stages & racing of the highest quality.
For me LeMond's '89 marginal win and Indurain's '94 (especially when he flew by a young Lance in the TT) are some of the most memorable regarding the Tour. He also set the hour record that same year. There are many more but these two stand out the most. This year was definitely in the top ten.

Well everyone I got for second exceeded my expectations except Greipel LOL Just goes to show why I don't bet on this race.

I picked Froome and Sagan correctly, but I was way off thinking Contador and Andy Schleck would be up there in the mix. Its why I don't bet on the race either.

Back