• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The infamous X-Metal finish...

Oakley won't do anything on anything
Just hung up with them....they said they would bring my frame back to OEM spec, replace all rubber pieces, tighten bridge and arms, the works. BUT....they want $64 plus $15 to send and receive. The XS, XX, Juliet, and a few others will get new rubber pieces. Penny frame will go back to OEM spec, but they have no rubber pieces.

Either way, I'm going to be sending my glasses to you....THE X-MAN!!!!!

Just hung up with them....they said they would bring my frame back to OEM spec, replace all rubber pieces, tighten bridge and arms, the works. BUT....they want $64 plus $15 to send and receive. The XS, XX, Juliet, and a few others will get new rubber pieces. Penny frame will go back to OEM spec, but they have no rubber pieces.

Either way, I'm going to be sending my glasses to you....THE X-MAN!!!!!
Doooooooooooooooon't do it.

Still rather go with you....
they will do the arms on the Penny as well. Will you tune the Penny arms as well? Oakley said 3-4 weeks turnaround, you are less than that and I hear your work is FAR FAR better.
Plus X-man does "lose" your items.

I asked Oakley about insurance ,they said they will give me store credit for what the price was new. NO WAY!!! With the X-Man...I will be able to insure my glasses both ways and get them back in half the time and in MUCH better condition. I just hope the X-Man tunes the arms on my Pennys, I can't get an answer. If Oakley can...Im sure the X-Man can. Right?

Latest Posts

Back