• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The X-MAN Customs Corner

yea.....another "refinisher" complained that I was making money off my sticky and he wanted to put his "refinishing services" on a sticky too. Well because of a lot of complaining from this individual boss had to remove it......thats dirty business there....
so next week the x-man will become an annual sponser of the Oakley forum.

As many frames that I have received that Xman has worked on and as happy as I am with them, would be willing to contribute to the cost of the sponsorship.

I don't want this to become a "slam discussion" on why, who, or what:punish:. Bottom line was admin made a decision to make an adjustment:bigboss:. If further discussion is necessary, please do so through a PM as to not go off track in this thread. Thanks all...:grin:

@THE X-MAN thanks for what you do here, as you do provide so much to many people.:drinks:

:focus::focus:

Fair enough. I've said my piece.

And I was trying to stay within the forum rules by not specifically calling out the responsible parties, though I know who they are. Just making general statements.

So yes, :focus:

:drinks:

yea.....another "refinisher" complained that I was making money off my sticky and he wanted to put his "refinishing services" on a sticky too. Well because of a lot of complaining from this individual boss had to remove it......thats dirty business there....
so next week the x-man will become an annual sponser of the Oakley forum.

Just to clarify and kind of put an end to this in general. It wasn't another refinisher, it was just a normal member who brought up the issue of fairness. And truthfully, they were somewhat right. We always try to promote fairness on the forum, and to all the other members who sell similar services, obviously a sticky gives X-man somewhat of an advantage regardless of the quality of his services.

We are happy to see X-Man become a sponsor and will be re-stickying it once he does, since this separates him from other refinishers.

As always if anyone has any issues/questions/comments, please feel free to message me. :)

photo 2.JPG

This is the first work I have had done by X-Man. I know that I've seen similar to these on the thread before but now they are mine and I'm very excited. He did these from my first x-metal pair nearly 15 years old and a beater pair. The Ti02 pair I was only just able to take off for enough time to take the photo, lives on me. He also posted internationally for me which must be a pain. Thanks so much I love them. You are the MAN. Linegear rubber Ruby and Ice lens.

photo (5).JPG

My very first X-metal decades ago resurrected from the dead by the X-Man just a few weeks ago. I initially didn't feel like posting this picture, but I felt I owe him this pic for a job well done. Originally in plasma, I asked him to transform my Penny to x-metal finish and tune it up like it was fresh from the factory. He even installed brand new rivets.

She is now tighter than ever.

View attachment 105082

My very first X-metal decades ago resurrected from the dead by the X-Man just a few weeks ago. I initially didn't feel like posting this picture, but I felt I owe him this pic for a job well done. Originally in plasma, I asked him to transform my Penny to x-metal finish and tune it up like it was fresh from the factory. He even installed brand new rivets.

She is now tighter than ever.
That Penny looks fantastic!

Back