• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Updated Oakley Forum Exchange Rules

Should Comments be allowed in Exchange Forums?

• Yes

Votes: 43 62.3%
  • No

Votes: 26 37.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My huge problem I believe would be people making post after post for single items because who would want to make one huge post every 14 days to have a chance it doesn't even get seen?

Good point here

I'm not a big fan of either change. I'm more ok with the no comments. As that was really a free bump. But it was also sort of free advertising keeping the popular stuff up.
I'm interested to read others opinions as I might be one that was frequently bumping. I'll follow the new rules unless something changes!
Thanks to all.

The biggest concern I have with the no bumping rule is not everyone is diligent with closing their for sale thread and updating the thread title to indicate if an item is sold. I can't count the number of times I've done a search for a particular item and found many listings with no indication of sold status. Bumping ensures everyone knows an item is still for sale.

Last edited:
The more important issues are people with 5 threads in each section getting bumped. Is there a way to lock the thread in place and maybe instead of bumping it, it auto bumps if not closed? I hate the comments in sale threads as it bumps them without the 48 hour rule. Think consolidating would be a bigger deal. Maybe premium members can bump every 48 and non premium members 72 hours

Sent from: Outer Space

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back