1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Dmburke42

Dmburke42 Oakley Beginner

If you guys ever wonder what kind of quality Oakley makes. Here is proof. I had a pair of White Fast Jackets that had the SOLFX transition lenses in them. They were the $300 pair of fast jackets. I LOVED them because I am a police officer and I could wear them almost all the time. Well, I was out of my patrol car actually talking get to my 3 year old son, and I layer them on top of my car. Long story short...I found them about 11pm that night just off the highway. Of course the lenses was completely particles the frame wasn't in horrible shape..nose piece gone and some road rash. Pissed, I threw them in my trunk and was butt hurt for a fe months ..aactually forgot about them being in the car. I found them a few weeks ago and decided to try to rebuild them..well after a nose piece and lenses...you can barely tell they were run over. I still haven't found a good used set of transition lenses but I will sooner or later. I may just leave them scuffed for character too USA Quality - 20150409_003357-1.jpg USA Quality - 20150409_003412-1.jpg USA Quality - 20150409_003532.jpg USA Quality - 20150409_003518.jpg

CrazyALee, EIZOHK, dragonvoi and 3 others like this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. thisguy

thisguy Oakley Expert

Good job finding them again. A good personal story goes with this pair should you decide to keep them and possibly hand them down.

CrazyALee and Dmburke42 like this.
  3. TheWannaBe

TheWannaBe The O-Warrior Premium Member

I like the rash :)

The glasses are surprisingly strong. onatter is a very durable material. This is a pair i still need to aquire. Well welcome to the forum and congrats on fixing these up :)

Dmburke42 likes this.
  4. Rusty M

Rusty M Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Leave them that way so you can share with others what you just shared with us! The unbeatable quality of Oakleys!!

Dmburke42 and CrazyALee like this.
  5. Dmburke42

Dmburke42 Oakley Beginner

Yes sir..I'm gonna keep them the way they are honestly. They have been worn everyday since I got them fixed. It's just hard to give up on a great pair of sunglasses. I just need to find the correct lenses to go in them. I have almost pulled the trigger on the Walleva transition lenses but don't know the quality. BUT I believe finding just a set of the photchromatic/SOLFX lenses might be a task in itself!