• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Walleva Lenses and Earsocks?

Thanks for the help guys. I googled Infinnissemo and didn't get a single hit. Anyone know where I can find them? It doesn't look like SL cuts lenses for M Frames, so they're out for this project. I'm looking at either the purple or the emerald lenses from Walleva and can't quite tell from the stock photos how brilliant and truly green or purple they are. Anyoe have any further insight/pics?

Thanks,
Zoah

Looks good, I'll probably hit him up for some Flak lenses, but it doesn't seem like many ppl do M Frames unfortunately.

Update: It seems like not many aftermarket lenses cutters do the single lens glasses (M Frame, Radar, etc.) that I'm looking for. I've heard good and bad regarding Walleva and don't really wanna burn the $40/50 for lens and rubber if it's not up to snuff. That said, $80 is a tough swing for a Blue Iridium M Frame lens direct from Oakley. I think on this particular project I'm going for form over function in that i want the lenses to be a nice, deep purple. Any advice/recommendations?

I never took off the lenses from an A-Wire, but I can tell the difference is in the frame. As the name already suggests, the "Thick A-Wire" frame is much thicker than the other one. You can immediately see it. I guess thats the reason why the lenses are cut slightly different.

I've been trying to get lenses for a set of a wire 2.0 and original wiretaps but the lenses arrive too thick to fit in the frames. There's a chamfer cut on the original lenses but not as deep a chamfer on the replacements. I've tried walleva and z lens and none of them fit. Any ideas?
I have a set of A Wire 2.0 and A Wire 2.0 Thick. Make sure you know which type you have. Lenses may be different. For my A Wire 2.0, I just got some lenses from Fuse Lenses. I have only had them for a few days. I wore the sunglasses all day today. So far, I'm pleased with them.

I did a few restorals of old Oakleys. I could get various people to cut the lenses, but since I'll never wear them I decided that non OEM would be fine. I've tried Walleva, Revant, Sunglass Restorer (Spanish Based Company), Infinissemo, and Z-Lens.

Revant is garbage. You can feel it immediately in their lenses. It's the only one of the several I've ordered that have had fitting issues. Their lenses are a cheap, cheap... cheap plastic and feel just like that. Think crappy poker chips from the dollar store feel.

Walleva is surprisingly not bad for their price. As much as people dog on them, it's a good replacement if you're just displaying, or if you're not a serious collector. Or if you plan on going out and getting active with your expensive Oakleys and don't wanna damage some expensive OEM lenses. Their rubber replacement kits aren't bad either.

Sunglass Restorer (SR) is pretty great. They have a lot of lenses that not even Walleva or Revant cover, various colors of eye jacket lenses, etc. The fit was perfect, the clarity was pretty nice.

Infinnissemo is a little thin, but the colors are gorgeous, fit has always worked

Z-Lens is the best aftermarket lens. Unfortunately the guy only cuts for a few types of glasses, like the A Wires and Juliets. The colors are all gorgeous, and if you have to go aftermarket and you're looking for one of those replacements.. go with this guy.

And of course... OEM is always the best.

Thank you for your feedback, we are trying to improve every day.

Back