• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

WATCH This!

That JDM Promaster is just... nice. I'm jealous. I need a nice Ti to see if I can finally work into wearing a watch full time.

Thanks.

There is one other "feature" that I haven't yet decided if it's a pro or con.

You know how most watches have several pin settings in the clasp that lets you make fine adjustments to the fit without adding / removing links? To change the setting you have to use a pin tool (dedicated or improvised) and it's enough of a pain you only adjust it when you really have to.

This watch has the same three-position fine adjustments in the clasp, only they can be changed quickly just by pressing some buttons and sliding the band. In this pic, the buttons next to the branded security clasp are the ones for releasing the clasp. The ones to the right are for making the fine adjustments:

20141107_125021.jpg

In practice, though, I've often hit the wrong set of buttons when taking the watch off, changing the setting. It's a little annoying when that happens.

But it's repositioned easily enough. And there's been a time or two where, for some reason (sodium imbalance or something, I don't know) my wrist got just a little bit thicker and with a quick press I adjusted it to regain comfort. So, pro or con? I'm not sure yet.

Damn you. I have that often, I don't know why, certain points of the day my wrist or fingers will be a little bigger and I usually have to adjust my band. For bracelets that usually means sizing it a touch larger than I'd prefer. It's more pronounced after I started blood pressure medication, which causes water retention.

Can I borrow it for a week? ;) :D

I thought I was quite young to start on bp meds Rust, you're a fair bit younger again than me. Maybe we need a thread to compare home bp monitors!

3y4nkc.jpg

One that I wish had seen the light of day as a production model. This was one of the stars of TAG Heuer's "50 years of the Carrera" event in Geneva, January 2013. Carbon case, carbon dial, lightweight movement, the whole thing was light as a feather but still exuded quality. I snaffled one of the 2 there to wear during the show but had to give it back unfortunately!

3y4nkc.jpg

One that I wish had seen the light of day as a production model. This was one of the stars of TAG Heuer's "50 years of the Carrera" event in Geneva, January 2013. Carbon case, carbon dial, lightweight movement, the whole thing was light as a feather but still exuded quality. I snaffled one of the 2 there to wear during the show but had to give it back unfortunately!

Interesting positioning of the crown and pushers... Nice.

I know I've ragged on the pricing of Oakley watches, and I stand by those statements. But I happened to stumble across this one at a quite reasonable price. It is now officially my heaviest watch, 2 1/2 oz heavier than my next heaviest. Massive.

20141129_112511.jpg

Back