• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

WATCH This!

In addition to the four I posted yesterday, there's also these:

20141002_211028.jpg

One is manual, four are automatic, and the other seven are quartz movements.

The manual one is pretty interesting, I think. It has a Swiss Unitas 6431 movement, which was originally a pocketwatch movement (meaning it's pretty hefty). It was a very popular movement with pilots in WWII. 17 jewels and Incabloc shock protection. It went out of production around 1970.

This manufacturer found a stock of 400 Unitas 6431 ebauches (unassembled movement kits) made in the late '60s and kept in climate controlled storage, likely the last of them to exist. They assembled and decorated them and put out this limited edition watch. Mine's serialed #301 out of 400. Sapphire crystal.

20141002_212101.jpg

20141002_211951.jpg

20141002_211958.jpg

Display window of the "heart" on the back:

20141002_212009.jpg

The movement outside of the case (stock pic)

Ballmer_Commander-3.jpg

I never got a ww11 watch from my grandad he flew a p51 mustang.and worked at the test labs in las alamos n.m. .that would have been a cool memory make you think of him every time you chose a watch.
SSPX0017.jpg

Last edited:
Ill try.people think I'm weird I want it to the second lol

I set my watch exactly to the second once in a while, but only to monitor the +/- accuracy over the following few days. It would be a constant struggle with a mechanical watch to keep it accurate to the second, I tried for a while but got tired of it. I'll pick up an atomic G-Shock one of these days for that purpose. My iPhone is always on me so usually wearing a watch is more about the look than the function .

any oakley watches

Nope - that's why I'm posting on this thread instead of the WOAYWT thread...:D

I got into watches almost 15 years ago but kinda petered out over the last 3-5 years - I mostly just wear my Skyhawk these days and I haven't bought one in a long time.

I may pick one up sometime but right now my Oakley budget is for x-metals...

Nope - that's why I'm posting on this thread instead of the WOAYWT thread...:D

I got into watches almost 15 years ago but kinda petered out over the last 3-5 years - I mostly just wear my Skyhawk these days and I haven't bought one in a long time.

I may pick one up sometime but right now my Oakley budget is for x-metals...

Back