1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. rex360hype

rex360hype Oakley Expert

For those of you who use your TB,TB2, and/or FMJ, which winder do you use? I've been looking at Wolf but not really a fan of the price. I was thinking of something a little more affordable but works fine. Any experience with other automatics are welcome as well. I have a Tag Aquaracer which may also benefit from one. Thanks guys!

Rex

Last edited: 3/20/16
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

@kronin323 uses a toothbrush charger for his TB.

oakleybadman and kronin323 like this.
  3. rex360hype

rex360hype Oakley Expert

Hmm please elaborate... Maybe with pics? ;)

4. OakleyFrankFMJ

Sure. I'll get right on it Mr. TB2 mutilator. ;)

5. rex360hype

rex360hype Oakley Expert

:shock:

6. OakleyFrankFMJ

7. rex360hype

rex360hype Oakley Expert

8. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

Yeah, the TB is not an automatic watch, it's a quartz watch that uses a rotor to charge the battery that resembles an automatic mechanical. The TB2 (and FMJ) are true automatic mechanicals with ETA movements.

So the toothbrush charger thing won't work on the TB2. You need a proper watch winder, if you want to keep it wound and don't wear it every day. There's all sorts out there in all sorts of price ranges. Cheaper ones tend to be noisier. Some high-end ones will have specific settings for various movements, but IMO that's just overkill.

9. rex360hype

rex360hype Oakley Expert

Thanks for the input! Any idea if "noisier" is really loud or something that you can ignore (especially is the price is right)?

10. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

The link frank posted, if you look in the OP of that thread, there's a link to yet another thread to a post where the various types of movements are described and how they work, i.e. quartz vs. mechanical, including automatic quartz like the TB...

rex360hype likes this.