• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Well, Well, Well, I'm at 10,000 posts!

QLR1

The Big Shield King
TX
Well guys (and gals),

Here's the ramble:

I made it to that epic milestone of 10,000 posts, just shy of my 4 year anniversary. I am astounded that I got there this quickly. I was at 5,000 back in March, 6,000 in June.... so that means the posts have snowballed.

I HATE doing collection photos because I don't have a 'proper' place to store them. I just buy and wear. Also, I am not a storyteller or a creative guy, like the resident fouker, @kronin323. But for some reference, here are some previous threads, in no particular order:

When I joined this forum at the end of 2011, I had no idea what universe I set foot in. I was just happy I found some shades that suited me, although at the time, the pair I bought really didn't. I certainly had no idea how I would accumulate so much (well, in my eyes) stuff.

During my time here, I somehow managed to take over the WOAYWT thread and got the title of Selfie Mastaaa bestowed upon me by @Herbsley.

Y'all have been awesome to me, I can say that I haven't had any major beef with anyone here. That speaks volumes!

2015 has been epic for me... I got stuff I never thought I'd get my hands on.

I will never be able to repay the love and generosity shown to me! I am still stunned when I had a Badman shipped to me back in May, courtesy of The Fouker, @OakleyFrankFMJ, and @qtrain23 (What Oakleys Are You Wearing Today?? )... Yall are more cooler than I am, for sure.

I had zero expectation that I'd be able to get a Pit Boss 1, but @Dallas O Hog swooped in with an offer He had to wear me down LMAO... anyway, that has to be the classic piece for me this year. He knew I had to have that frame, even more than I did.

I managed to get my hands on a Gearbox... yeah, it is the cheapest one, but who cares?!?!?! I love it. Thank you Oakley for taking ~75% off the sticker price because you are saying sayonara to the watch business. It will probably be the final O watch unless they take another 80% off MSRP. I can live on Diesel and Fossil watches LOL

From the frames I own, one can conclude that I like a bargain. And yeah, that will keep me away from those metal crushers.

I never thought I'd be cool with folks on the internet, but @Dallas O Hog really brought everything together last year when I met him in Atlanta... damn... friends for life.

And you know you are cool on here when folks start using terms that you originate (skull crushers, metal snob)...

I will never know how I became the selfie king or a Big Taco rescuer. Not sure how I gathered the most likes on here, either.

I think this is the longest I've typed and researched for anything on here.
:drinks:

Last edited:
Because I felt the need to post a photo, here is the tungsten iridium polarized Sliver F I picked up today.

TungstenSliverF.jpeg

Well FOUK me, you hit 10K!!! I knew my time at the top of the "most points" list was limited... ;)

Congrats man, you're a great guy, a kind guy. I look forward to meeting you in April, if that doesn't fall through.

Cheers! :drinks:

Well FOUK me, you hit 10K!!! I knew my time at the top of the "most points" list was limited... ;)

Congrats man, you're a great guy, a kind guy. I look forward to meeting you in April, if that doesn't fall through.

Cheers! :drinks:
Thanks Fouker. I wasn't trying to dethrone you, it just happened. Kinda like how I got so many pairs of Oakley.

Latest Posts

Back