• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Are You Lifting?

I guess I've been lucky with my chest. I manage to leave shoulders out and haven't had any issues. I developed epicondylitis in my left arm after a fight I was involved in at work. That and a bad elbow are my only issues with the benchpress. I'm 5'9" @ 190 and can get 285 up once or twice. My lower body numbers aren't super but lately speed and agility have taken priority over mass and brute strength so I'm just maintaining at this point trying to lean out.

Yea I used do alot of lifting back in high school and college. Well the first year. When my arms got so big and I couldn't wipe my own a$$, I decided to give it all up and just enjoy life scratching away.

Yea I used do alot of lifting back in high school and college. Well the first year. When my arms got so big and I couldn't wipe my own a$$, I decided to give it all up and just enjoy life scratching away.

started lifting when i started to work, lte bloomer. was a scrawny 120 lbs at 5'10". and i am asian, so we have small bone frames. i looked like a mop (when i had long hair)...never going back.

Had to lower the weight lately due to elbow and wrist issues but at my peak last fall
5'6"
160#
Bench 225x3
Dead lift 325
No squat bad knees but 700x8 on hack/squat machine

just a question to you guys...do you go consult a doctor once you have issues with your shoulders or wrist or knees? coz my gym buds are the same as me. if you have a twinge or something, we simply lift lighter or find another way to lift just so we do not have to go to the doctor. coz everyone knows, the only thing the doctor will tell you to do is take time off, which serious lifters rarely want to do... how about you guys across the world?

You just basically have to keep shoulders and knees healthy and strong. Otherwise you will be pretty useless in the gym, or nearly any activity...oh well, we can always look good on the sidelines by just wearing your oaks...

Latest Posts

Back