• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What do you think is the most Underrated Oakley?

Not sure about "The most" part, Al...but I'm definitely in on the underrated aspect of those Jupiters particularly! I wish there were more colors and lens variants that I could grab!

No,,,I seriously believe they are the most underrated pairs..And customization is inadvertently the reason why they are overlooked yet they are extremely customizable. I'll explain

I have every pair of JFL and JC in every color way. I have Jupiter Carbons with Jade lenses, Fire lense and with matching color icons. They are the only pair you can remove the icons with screws so the icons are easy to coat or paint. I'm gonna gold plate the icon on my next pair and add gold iridium polarized lenses.

I wrote like a two page article about this exact subject. Maybe I should post it here.

No,,,I seriously believe they are the most underrated pairs..And customization is inadvertently the reason why they are overlooked yet they are extremely customizable. I'll explain

I have every pair of JFL and JC in every color way. I have Jupiter Carbons with Jade lenses, Fire lense and with matching color icons. They are the only pair you can remove the icons with screws so the icons are easy to coat or paint. I'm gonna gold plate the icon on my next pair and add gold iridium polarized lenses.

I wrote like a two page article about this exact subject. Maybe I should post it here.

You absolutely should! Along with pictures of your full collection of them and the customs you have!
;)

I think Fives Squared are often thought of as entry level Oakleys but I'm a big fan for everyday and work use. Very comfy and durable.

Especially the newer ones with rubber nosepieces. It is one of the few frames everyone in the family can wear so there is a pair in each car :cool: as back up.

Definitely. My wife and I both keep some Fives Squared in the car and both kids have worn them too. I have 5 pairs now, all with the rubber nose pieces. I sold the ones without. I was going to buy a Multicam pair but they didn't have the rubber nose pads.

I'd say Dartboards: with their sweeping lines and the variety of colourways (maybe could have had Ruby/+Red in the mix). Also a little stronger, but heh........

The TEN 2nd Generation is the most under rated in my opinion.
These fit my larger face perfectly. They are very similar to the ever popular straight jacket minus ear socks and nose pads, but overall larger.

I think the scalpel was a direct replacement to the TEN, but the scalpel were poorly engineered. The shape was awful, and sat on people's face weird.

I've yet to find a style that fits me as well as the TEN 2nd gen.
Ten and Scalpel were offered at the same time. One being more lifestyle, one being more sport (rubber bits). I agree, though, the Ten was an absolutely solid pair and had a lot of aggressive features in what had already become the bland era of Oakley designs.

I'm happy I have as many as I do, wish I had more.

Latest Posts

Back