• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Frogskins Are A MUST Have For Any Frogskin Collection

A top 5 or 10 'must have' pair will depend on what type of Frogskin collection an individual has. If you are looking to have some that have some stand out characteristics but not to look too deep into super rarity and pay high prices for certain examples, I would suggest Acid Tortoise are good - the Green - Emerald 24-310 is awesome! and can be found at fair prices and enough are in supply to ensure perfect complete pairs can be acquired. Similarly, I would consider Acid Yellow - Ice P 24-355 (mesmeric frame!!), or Acid Green - Grey 24-249. Anti-Freeze - Black 24-205 is another colour that suits this model well and is not that hard to find. The Blacklight series offer plenty of colour as do the Aquatique pieces. Most, if not all the Fade series are imaginative and contribute unique frame designs and are a modest challenge to obtain mint and complete in many cases.
To encompass the entire range and consider anything, regardless of availability, value, or rarity, I would consider the very best Frogskins to include: Blends, Acid Tortoise Green - Emerald, Acid Yellow/Green (same colour), Aspen Green - Emerald, Blue Chrome - Shaun White, DQM, Eric Koston Craftsman, Gold - 24K Supreme, Polished White - Jade, Any PSJ, Berrics, Moda3, St Patrick's Day, Eastern Boarder III, White City - Supreme, and Yellow/White Bananabeat Records...more than 10, but hard to exclude some of these in a 'must have' list.

The following thread may assist with further information:

Frogskins (Third Generation). A complete list. | Oakley Forum

Thank you so much for the info... FGG page really helped with what i should be going after. Anyone know how i can get a pair of blends and how much I should expect to pay???
Blends typically go for the 1000-1500 range. I've seen some sell higher some sell lower. As for finding them good luck they don't come up for sale very often.

As a frogskin collector the ultimate goal is to own an Andrew Petterson frogskin. You can find more info here or on o-review. At one time I owned 5 of the 50 but I slimmed my collection recently.

My favorites are
Jupiter Camo
Infinite Hero
STPL
Blue Chrome
24k Supreme
Blends
Grenade
Eastern Border 3D
Old Glory
Flora Fade

Some of these are easy to obtain and some will take a lifetime.

I'm with tmsnewberry. The centerpiece of any frog collection would have to be an AP frog. They almost never pop up for sale, and they are one of a kind.

One level down, perhaps try and get a limited release pair to be your "must have"? Like a release of 50 pairs and below? That would be an awesome add to any frog collection.

What is a good Price for the Old Glory frogs cause i have wanted a pair ever since i saw them?

I don't think you can equate must have to rarity. The AP frogs are great but 'must have'? For me the best Frogskins have been the Fade series (especially Primitives), the woodgrain Kostons, and Grenades. Oh the memories!

Im no Frog collector but I still believe it isnt about a certain release but more about having a good representative from each era. That's what I did.

I'm no drop hundreds on a specific pair person, but for me..

Danny Kass (My favorite)
Jupiter Camo
Grenade Fade
Flora Fade

Really pop and grab up compliments.

The black lights, while silly to wear sunglasses in a dark club at night have gotten more than their fair share of attention... I might actually have to ebay these as "Chick Magnet" glasses...

Latest Posts

Back