• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Oakleys Are You Wearing Today??

Rocking the Holbrook mix. The best of both worlds and lowkey enough to wear into the office.
50798a961e086.jpeg

Never having held a pair in my hand before this week, I did not realize how fascinating the Plate’s OEM finish is. What it looks like to me is…aside from the plates themselves, it is a translucent mostly clear frame that takes its color from the interior surface finish. Dang I like these things 😎

Thanks again O-Brother @Atticus for helping me add them to my collection 🪖👍

IMG_1289.jpeg

IMG_1290.jpeg

Never having held a pair in my hand before this week, I did not realize how fascinating the Plate’s OEM finish is. What it looks like to me is…aside from the plates themselves, it is a translucent mostly clear frame that takes its color from the interior surface finish. Dang I like these things 😎

Thanks again O-Brother @Atticus for helping me add them to my collection 🪖👍

View attachment 1113271

View attachment 1113272

Congratulations, Plates are one of the finest Oakley creations.

Thanks O-Brethren!

These Bronze ones are a solid “fit” to my daily Highlander Kryptek ‘uniform’ as well as my typical Khaki off duty wear.

I have a second pair slated for a place in the @zwc0442 queue. From the first moment I saw a pair of Plates I had a TERMINATOR homage latch onto my consciousness 🦾😏

Thanks O-Brethren!

These Bronze ones are a solid “fit” to my daily Highlander Kryptek ‘uniform’ as well as my typical Khaki off duty wear.

I have a second pair slated for a place in the @zwc0442 queue. From the first moment I saw a pair of Plates I had a TERMINATOR homage latch onto my consciousness 🦾😏

That’s an intriguing concept.

I went with AH-64 Apache Green customised on one pair and A-10 Warthog Blue on another as they reminded me of those.

That’s an intriguing concept.

I went with AH-64 Apache Green customised on one pair and A-10 Warthog Blue on another as they reminded me of those.

I recall you mentioning that back when I first noted O-Brother @Broccoli wearing a pair of Plates and asked what they were. Don’t think I ever got to see them…I can imagine those both would have had me drooling.

Always liked Warthogs on general purposes…and Apaches as well. My Stepfather was an Experimental Test Pilot on the Apache program back in the 90s. I would hit the employee store like a tornado in-between assignments 😜👍

I recall you mentioning that back when I first noted O-Brother @Broccoli wearing a pair of Plates and asked what they were. Don’t think I ever got to see them…I can imagine those both would have had me drooling.

Always liked Warthogs on general purposes…and Apaches as well. My Stepfather was an Experimental Test Pilot on the Apache program back in the 90s. I would hit the employee store like a tornado in-between assignments 😜👍

The Apache Plates, were tweaked to British Woodland Camo but the experiment failed and they ended up becoming Douchebag White Plates in a radical overhaul.

The Warthog Plates still exist, I will dust them off and will tag you when I post a picture of them.

Looking forward for to seeing the Terminator Plates!

Last edited:
The Apache Plates, were tweaked to British Woodland Camo but the experiment failed and they ended up becoming Douchebag White Plates in a radical overhaul.

The Warthog Plates still exist, I will dust them off and tag you when I post a picture of them.

Looking forward for to seeing the Terminator Plates!

I am both sad and happy...the Apache's sounded like a great idea...I do recall the White Plates...and I look forward to the Warthog pics!

Well...we know what a busy guy (and rightly so!) our own @zwc0442 is...add to that the recent weather challenges in his area of operations...and the TERMINATOR Plates will be awhile in coming...but given our initial head scratching session should be cool as heck and well worth the wait! 🪖👍

Latest Posts

Back