• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What would you do.....

Orion

I hit things with sticks....
I just received a pair of XX's with Plasma finish. :D

I'm finding myself in a small dilemna. Right away the seller indicated the nose bridge needed a tune. As we were discussing more details he said he would take them to get the nose bridge fixed. I did not inquire by whom and later found out it was by Oakley (not in US). He did this without me asking and it was to "sweeten the deal", as he said.

This did influence my decision a bit in that I didn't feel the need to negotiate the price as the selling price was fair based on the rest of the condition of the frames/lenses/etc. If the nose bridge needed to be done, I would have negotiated lower.

The pair arrived and noticed there was a lot of play in the nosebridge. The right side is very loose and these are not as snug as my XM pair I got a few months back from @Linegear Japan (awesome pair - thank you!). IMO if I received a nose bridge repair in this condition I would have demanded my money back.

I believe the seller IS an honest person and here is my dilemna.

In this situation am I wrong to assume that getting a nose bridge tune it is the responsibility of the seller to make sure it is done properly? Or should I have asked if the job was done properly before finalizing everything?

I find I'm torn about how much I feel the responsibility is mine vs his
IMG_0543.JPG

Thanks in advance for your thoughts

I just received a pair of XX's with Plasma finish. :D

I'm finding myself in a small dilemna. Right away the seller indicated the nose bridge needed a tune. As we were discussing more details he said he would take them to get the nose bridge fixed. I did not inquire by whom and later found out it was by Oakley (not in US). He did this without me asking and it was to "sweeten the deal", as he said.

This did influence my decision a bit in that I didn't feel the need to negotiate the price as the selling price was fair based on the rest of the condition of the frames/lenses/etc. If the nose bridge needed to be done, I would have negotiated lower.

The pair arrived and noticed there was a lot of play in the nosebridge. The right side is very loose and these are not as snug as my XM pair I got a few months back from @Linegear Japan (awesome pair - thank you!). IMO if I received a nose bridge repair in this condition I would have demanded my money back.

I believe the seller IS an honest person and here is my dilemna.

In this situation am I wrong to assume that getting a nose bridge tune it is the responsibility of the seller to make sure it is done properly? Or should I have asked if the job was done properly before finalizing everything?

I find I'm torn about how much I feel the responsibility is mine vs his
View attachment 361326

Thanks in advance for your thoughts
Since you're going to end up sending them to @THE X-MAN i think it's better if he pays that fee for you

I would talk to the guy first. Maybe he will be more accommodating than you think

Someone butchered those frames...

Tell the guy to send you $40 back to offset the cost of the tightening that XMan will do...

I really don't think that job was done by Oakley, but, yeah just talk to the guy and see what happens. They will need to be redone in any case, so no harm in asking.

Sounds like you have quite good relations with the seller and I imagine if worded right you could express your views on this without causing offense etc.

I have had a shocking Repin done by Oakley Europe in the past that made me question what the actual *** are they playing at!

Luckily as has already been said @THE X-MAN came to the rescue and did a colour change and sorted out the mashed-up repin for me.

I think in this case the seller probably did what they thought was the right thing, maybe they aren't as savvy as people on the forum and maybe they share the high standards as some here also.

Back