• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What's your Reason??

View attachment 266651 View attachment 266652 View attachment 266650 I can tell You why. My memory is very clear on it, because I bought my first pair this morning. I wanted to get a pair of PRISM lenses for my Flak XLJ's. Then I saw a pair of shades made for me.
I saw a pair of Ray Ban Woodys about 15 years ago. I'm a woodcarver, and it seemed a good fit that my shades would look like wood. Then, not long after getting my Woodys, my beloved Moons bit the dust. The frames just cracked. I had a perfect pair of MOON lenses, and no frames. So I did what any woodcarver would do. I carved a pair of MOONS.
BACK TO THIS MORNING. Of course I knew about Frogskins, but I just found out last night that there was a pair of Frogskins that not only had PRISM lenses, which I really wanted to try. But the Frogskins with PRISM lenses also had WOOD-LOOK FRAMES! SOLD! I was ready to pay $160, but then I found them for $15 more than just the lenses for my XLJ's would have cost! DOUBLE SOLD! I get my first FROGSKINS this weekend. And they're WOODYS!
Excellent!!!!!

Im not a frogskin guy at all. I like looking at the diff/bright colorways, but not my style to wear and I have never owned a pair. I recently had a pair given to me to pay off a $40 debt. Theyre matte black and I had every intention of selling them to get my $40 back, but ive found this pair has stuck to me. Theyre my style, and very comfortable. Plus they came with a sweet snakeskin bag. I guess im a closet frogger now.

1469585615529452125663.jpg

Rag and bone digi camo.. you have the black one there. Only 150 made. Nice. View attachment 266927

I was searching for them on ebay and only found the white ones so I thought they might be rare? I was going to sell them.

No box, just the bag... But knowing theyre somewhat rare just makes me like em more. I think I'll be keeping these for sure now, even if its my only pair. :cool-20: Thanks for the info soulful.

I was searching for them on ebay and only found the white ones so I thought they might be rare? I was going to sell them.

No box, just the bag... But knowing theyre somewhat rare just makes me like em more. I think I'll be keeping these for sure now, even if its my only pair. :cool-20: Thanks for the info soulful.
Anytime brotha I'd keep em if I were you. It's strange the white ones sold out first and it's actually harder to get your hands on the black pair now. Congrats and enjoy...

I never had any interest on them until lately. I tried on a crystal clear with 24k lens and I was surprised the frame suits me. I don't know when because I have other models I'm looking into but sooner or later I will purchase one.

The Wooden Frames first. I'm a sucker for wooden looking frames. Oakley did a great job with them. I just wonder how cool they would be if Jim had designed them. Then there's the PRIZM Polarized Daily lenses. Put the two together, and I was FORCED into buying my first pair of Frogskins. And now that I have been exposed, they are the first of many. The comfort is outstanding, and the looks blow Wayfarers out of the water. I'm certain that many surfers in California and Hawaii have proven this to be absolute fact.

Latest Posts

Back