• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

When Is It Too Much?

I once crunched the numbers, including tax benefits, of having kids (I have two) and its not as much a drain as you might think. And I'm not one of those parents that will pay for eithers higher education...when they're 18, they're off the parents dime. I know....ogre parent-but I worked full time, got married and raised a child all while pulling straight A's at a top 10 university...if I can do it, they can. I will say this, while its cool owning the awesome sunglasses I do, there's nothing like having a 5 year old version of yourself who looks exactly like you say they love you...you have to experience it, when you do, changes your life

Well said ucdavis! Couldn't have said it better myself, especially the last sentence!

if you can afford it.. why not.

I guess if I had money to blow and had absolutely nothing else I wanted, then maybe. The sad reality is that, even at $4K I couldn't come close to affording them. I struggle to bring myself to pay for the cost of juliets or x-squared's, that's probably why I don't own any x-metals. :sad: LOL!

I think this should make the news if it actually sells. I would like to know who would have the money tree growing in their backyard in order to afford paying that price. Just curious...

I think this should make the news if it actually sells. I would like to know who would have the money tree growing in their backyard in order to afford paying that price. Just curious...

Yall dont have money trees in Hawaii? That sucks...

I saw those for sale yesterday too, I was trying to think of a clever email to send him, I about 99% sure he has a pic of the aluminum ones in his auction. There's no way he's sold 3 already unless he's an insider at Oakley, you have to buy directly from HQ I think, account holders can't even get them.

LOL! Yup, for some reason those just don't grow in our soil.

Hilarious haha
The thing is though, he's posted this listing five times on eBay and no one has taken the bait. Why? Because the one that he listed is the 1,500 aluminum ones, not 100% carbon. Look in the photos guys!

what . . . i can find the carbon #5 of 250 for 8,999.99 not the aluminum?!?

Honestly, I think 9k is absolutely RIDICULOUS, but I HONESTLY can't say I think it's any more ridiculous to pay 9K for a preschooler's tuition. I mean, one is no more ridiculous than the other in my opinion. If it's college, that's one thing, but preschool.....come on!

Back