Why am I more excited about MEs than Oaks?

All I have bought since August last year. Personally I am pretty excited to see what happens with ME. I am still very much an Oakley fan but my purchases are static for glasses. Some clothing for sure.

I think the anticipation of new releases helps keep the interest high.

Looking forward to the next release lol!

MEs are something special and have a great price because they ain’t got the overhead Lux does. Im happy they can only be purchased online and not in physical stores. And I’m looking for to new models in the future. Still need that Matte Hot colorway released though. Not sure if it was Business or Pleasure. Need a Business, it’s the one model I don’t have.

The title says it all. Does anyone else feel the same way? I know @XxRuMKaxX is all about the MEs:)
Answer is pretty simple for me.... If you are a gen Xer then you were of age when Oakley first hit the market and can remember how awesome the whole concept of them was. Bug eye sunglasses is what they got called as the models like the EJ rolled out and then X metals and just being a part of watching it all grow. If you experienced that then you know how special this moment in MEx history is and to be able to be a part of that from the ground up and actually have the money to buy them instead of messing up Sunglass Hut windows at the mall pressing your face to the glass to see the latest models with $5 in your pocket your mom or dad gave you to eat something at the court. "malls were the baby sitters of the 80's" drop you off at 10 am and pick you up at 5 LOL!!!!

It just all feels like the good ole' days and for an aging guy like myself it brings back some of the joy of my youth

Answer is pretty simple for me.... If you are a gen Xer then you were of age when Oakley first hit the market and can remember how awesome the whole concept of them was. Bug eye sunglasses is what they got called as the models like the EJ rolled out and then X metals and just being a part of watching it all grow. If you experienced that then you know how special this moment in MEx history is and to be able to be a part of that from the ground up and actually have the money to buy them instead of messing up Sunglass Hut windows at the mall pressing your face to the glass to see the latest models with $5 in your pocket your mom or dad gave you to eat something at the court. "malls were the baby sitters of the 80's" drop you off at 10 am and pick you up at 5 LOL!!!!

It just all feels like the good ole' days and for an aging guy like myself it brings back some of the joy of my youth
The 80’s and 90’s were the best decades for sure.

Latest Posts

Back