• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why are Oakley Romeo's and Juliets so expensive?

jrhoads23

Oakley Beginner
So I am a newbie to this forum but have been wearing Oakleys for 20+ years. What I don't understand is the prices/obsession with the Romeo and Juliet models. Are these expensive because they made them in very limited numbers or something? Is it the type of thing where these are the "white whale" for Oakley collectors and they are something that you strive to get for your collection?

Personally I think a lot of other models look nicer than these - but that is 100% just my personal opinion. Just curious what the deal is with these particular models.

This forum is awesome and wish I had discovered it a long time ago!

Nope. Im wearing yours, boo.
upload_2019-4-12_8-21-35.png

The value of these is in the titanium and the ability to customize them over and over by changing out rubbers and lenses or even by having any one of the talented artists on here paint or anodize or polish them. They are near indestructible and there are still many companies that make replacement parts and lenses for them. It is totally a matter of personal taste but I am a big fan of the x-metals.

Very stupid question... but why are they called X-Metals? "Metal" is obviously because the frame is made of metal. And the "X" is due to the shape of the frame between the eyes?

Very stupid question... but why are they called X-Metals? "Metal" is obviously because the frame is made of metal. And the "X" is due to the shape of the frame between the eyes?

X-Metal can be:
1. The alloy blend that the glasses are made of
2. The classification of glasses using said alloy blend
3. The matte grey finish on the glasses using that alloy

Back