• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why Is My Collection Falling Apart

Wally Taylor

I should Work at Oakley
Erie
Why do I only have two pair of Oakleys? I decided to take out my collection and count them, and I was very disappointed in my progress. I have a broken pair of M Frames, Two broken pair of Moons, a pair of lenses that I cut off of a pair of the original Zeroes that both temples fell off of, and tthe nose bomb. I have a pair of NIB FROGSKIN WOODGRAIN. And I have a very fresh pair of Flak XLJ's Polished Black with Deep Water PRIZM Polarized lenses, and a pair of Perfect XLJ Black Iridium with the cool XLJ sorage case that holds lenses and stuff.

What is wrong with me? Some of You guys have $50,000 and more in Your collections, but the fever just will not grab me.

What do You have to do to become an Official Oakley Guy? I love Oakleys, especially older ones. I have five times as many pair of shades from another Lux owned company. I just can't go Oakley Crazy.

I think it's because I'm really old, and the other Lux owned company is nostalgic to me. Is it because Lux has screwed with the Brand so badly that I just throw my hands up in disgust, or what? I think the Camo-Dipped Oakleys are awesome, so maybe there's hope there. I just don't know what to do to go Oakley crazy. What is wrong with me? You guys all have awesome collections, and I would love to have display cases of Oakleys like many of You do. I just don't know how to get started. I'm disgusted with myself. Some nights I have trouble sleeping after jumping around the forum. What is out there to get me jump-started. You guys are all so cool and everything. It's hopeless. I really gave it a good try and everything. Dam.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do I only have two pair of Oakleys? I decided to take out my collection and count them, and I was very disappointed in my progress. I have a broken pair of M Frames, Two broken pair of Moons, a pair of lenses that I cut off of a pair of the original Zeroes that both temples fell off of, and tthe nose bomb. I have a pair of NIB FROGSKIN WOODGRAIN. And I have a very fresh pair of Flak XLJ's Polished Black with Deep Water PRIZM Polarized lenses, and a pair of Perfect XLJ Black Iridium with the cool XLJ sorage case that holds lenses and stuff.
What is wrong with me? Some of You guys have $50,000 and more in Your collections, but the fever just will not grab me. What do You have to do to become an Official Oakley Guy? I love Oakleys, especially older ones. I have five times as many pair of shades from another Lux owned company. I just can't go Oakley Crazy.
I think it's because I'm really old, and the other Lux owned company is nostalgic to me. Is it because Lux has screwed with the Brand so badly that I just throw my hands up in disgust, or what? I think the Camo-Dipped Oakleys are awesome, so maybe there's hope there. I just don't know what to do to go Oakley crazy. What is wrong with me? You guys all have awesome collections, and I would love to have display cases of Oakleys like many of You do. I just don't know how to get started. I'm disgusted with myself. Some nights I have trouble sleeping after jumping around the forum. What is out there to get me jump-started. You guys are all so cool and everything. It's hopeless. I really gave it a good try and everything. Dam.
You can't be a true Oakley guy until you get the secret Oakley underwear with the special Oakley decoder ring.

Then you'll have the URGE to just purge your wallet of all funds to just get Oakleys. You won't be able to sleep cause you'll be thinking of when the Oakley store opens and you have to get there to buy more stuff.

Go get your underwear and decoder ring!!!

Buy a pair of X Metals. In my opinion the best series of glasses EVER made. If you buy an X Metal and that doesn't get you hooked.. I don't know what will.

Buy a pair of X Metals. In my opinion the best series of glasses EVER made. If you buy an X Metal and that doesn't get you hooked.. I don't know what will.

08b961a0eacb4fb896b16e34e57427ec89744456a68e48827b5aea1ff8b9c233.jpg

First of all pm frank for an oakley underwear hahahah if that does not fuel your addiction i dont know what will lol. You can have 2 pairs and still be ok there is more tonit than glasses watches and apparels are okay too. But seriously you got to get a juliet atleast that is the easiest pair to obtain. I mean plastics are fine, but metals feels and looks better imo.

I might already be part way there for free! I threw my underwear in the hamper, and there was a brown O where I sit! Some kind of miacle formation I think!. I think the decoder ring is going to be harder.
I didn't even have to try very hard to get the custom underwear!
I wonder if any of those pretty Victoria's Secret girls have Oakley underwear, but since they don't get paid for it they don't show them to anybody!
I already feel like going out and getting a broken pair of those Carbon 6 things! there's something to that decoder underwear thing!
Wait. Is it the underwear that's the decoder or is that the ring around the collar? I'll never catch onto this Oakley thing!

Back