• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Metal Ear Socks Sticky

how did this go? and how long were you boiling them?
I boiled it for 10 minutes. You could see muck swirling around the top!!!! :)

Man, it was as satisfying as successfully removing a piece of green lettuce from between your teeth or extracting a huge lump of ear wax with the end of a ballpoint pen cap!!!!

Great will give it a shot

I boiled it for 10 minutes. You could see muck swirling around the top!!!! :)

Man, it was as satisfying as successfully removing a piece of green lettuce from between your teeth or extracting a huge lump of ear wax with the end of a ballpoint pen cap!!!!

I just have to wonder if part of what has risen to the top are chemicals used in the formulation of o matter, rather than just dirt and oil from use.
Knowing exactly what he's talking about, I'm gonna say no way lol. That funk and crusty curd is human DNA!

Knowing exactly what he's talking about, I'm gonna say no way lol. That funk and crusty curd is human DNA!

No doubt that some of it is, but it's probably not all human funk.

Part of that has to be some of the chemicals coming off... that might be why they are tacky after boiling them.

That's what I was thinking.

Lol I do like to articulate well.

Any time that I boil rubbers and they're still sticky after, I toss em out. I only keep the ones that don't get sticky. After the boil, I leave them out under a light to see if they get greasy or sticky again, if they do, out they go. I haven't had to do it much, but that's what works for me.

Lol I do like to articulate well.

Any time that I boil rubbers and they're still sticky after, I toss em out. I only keep the ones that don't get sticky. After the boil, I leave them out under a light to see if they get greasy or sticky again, if they do, out they go. I haven't had to do it much, but that's what works for me.

You sure are the rubber master

Latest Posts

Back