1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Nortika

Nortika Oakley Expert Premium Member

I was at the o store the other day and the clerk told me they are making an x-metal factory in Japan. Has anybody herd of this?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Razerwire

Razerwire And then there was X...

First time I heard of this.

3. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

Employees hear all kinds of rumors and relate them to customers. I haven't heard it from anyone on here that actually gets insider information so I would take it with a grain of salt.

I know originally when the plant in Nevada was closed down Oakley themselves stated production would be done elsewhere but there was never an update on that.

4. MaukaRunner

MaukaRunner Oakley Enthusiast

Hmm, I say maybe there is some validity to that. I had a Titanium WHY 3. It said Made in Japan on it. I recently found a old Oakley Catalog with the WHY 3 in it and they call it a X-Metal. We don't know how the new X-Metals will be but if they already had a company making stuff for them in Japan using the same materials, why can't the production and stuff be done for them in Japan.

5. Uluahunter

Uluahunter Oakley Collector

Hmmmmm, that would be interesting, if true. I'm partial to 'made in Japan' products, lol.

6. XmetalFANATIC

XmetalFANATIC Oakley Beginner

The only factory for the new line X-metals is the upcoming one in Cali
    !!!!!!!!!!!! MADE IN USA !!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. MaukaRunner

MaukaRunner Oakley Enthusiast

So you have inside info? Do you know if the line will change or will they make the same stuff they made up til recently.

8. JayMann

JayMann Oakley Collector

Isn't Oakley all about mad in the USA??

9. OakleyRacer2132

OakleyRacer2132 Oakley Beginner

I haven't heard anything about a Japan or Californian plant. Last I heard was that X-Metal line was being discontinued. This was when the plant was closed.

10. OakleyRacer2132

OakleyRacer2132 Oakley Beginner

And not any more. Wire frames and Acetate frames are made in China. And we received one model last week that stated made in Italy.