• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metal Trivia

Think of the size and shape of all the x-metal lenses ;) One should stand out as awkward to cut...
Ohhhhhh, you mean a specific model lens, I thought we were talking about a lens color or something that is too hard to machine cut.
My bad bros, sorry about the confusion ;)

Ohhhhhh, you mean a specific model lens, I thought we were talking about a lens color or something that is too hard to machine cut.
My bad bros, sorry about the confusion ;)
Well, polarised is trickier than non-pol because of the orientation being critical, but yes, he's after a lens for a specific model rather than colourway.

1) Which X-Metal frame was the biggest?

Romeo 2 – 64 MM, with Romeo at 60 MM

2) Smallest X-Metal frame?

Penny

3) Which Juliet frame produced hammer stem arms?

Polished

4) What is the lens color of the rarely seen ti02 Penny?

Emerald

5) Titanium Clear was a lens color for which X-Metal? Bonus: name the 2 color ways?

Polished and Plasma

6) How many different frame color ways does the Juliet offer?

Carbon, polished carbon, plasma, polished, brown, 24k, X-Metal, ti02, and titanium, for nine total

7) Name at least two lenses, offered within the X-Metal line, that never come polarized with any frame?

VR50, Emerald-slate, titanium-clear, OO Blue, Blue Iridium and slate (I’m curious if I’m right about blue iridium and OO Blue)

8) Which frame offered the still popular Gary Scelzi signed lens?

Romeo 2

9) Which frame offered the signature of Ichiro Suzuki, but only a few known to exist?

Romeo 2

10) X-Metal frame offered to Olympians in 2000?

Romeo Titanium/persimmon

11) How many different Ichiro Juliet frame/lens produced?

12) Why is the X-Metal XX plasma/ice so coveted?

Only one run made; allegedly, the plasma coating failed. Thus, only one run.

13) How many different lens colors originally offered for the X-Metal XX?

24k, black and ice

14) Any Ichiro offered with a polarized lens?

No

15) Last X-Metal to hit the market?

X-Squared

16) Name every X-Metal frame that offered at least one of its frames with red ear socks.

Mars (Ruby & a Crater), Romeo (Jordan), X-Squared (Ducati), and Juliet (Ducati)

17) X-Metal without nose bridge rivet?

Romeo and X-Squared

18) Blue Iridium came with one X-Metal. Can you name it?

Juliet

19) The very first X-Metal produced also earns the distinction of being promoted by what sports super star?

Romeo – Michael Jordan

20) Which X-Metal(s) proves to be rimless on the bottom of the orbitals?

Half-X and Romeo 2

21) Only X-Metal that offered OO Black Polarized as a lens option?

X-Squared

22) Which three different X-Metal models come in one variation or another of a 24K frame?

XX, Juliet and X-Squared

23) Only X-Metal that never needs a tune up for the nose bridge?

Romeo

24) Which X-Metal does not use screws for changing lenses?

Mars

25) Most desired Penny frame/lens combination would be?

Penny Copper/vr28bi – based on price; one could argue X-Metal/Ruby 1st generation

26) Which X-Metal frame unfortunately holds the distinction of being the most difficult to find replacement rubber parts?

Romeo 2

27) Can you name the only frame, and color way, that a complete white rubber kit came with?

Ichiro Juliet Polished Carbon/Slate

28) As a boxed pair option, Warm Gray offered with only this X-Metal?

Half-X

29) +Red was offered with which X-Metal?

None

30) Hardest X-Metal Lens to hand cut from a donor lens, and allegedly cannot be machine cut from a donor lens?

Romeo 2

7) Name at least two lenses, offered within the X-Metal line, that never come polarized with any frame?

VR50, Emerald-slate, titanium-clear, OO Blue, Blue Iridium and slate (I’m curious if I’m right about blue iridium and OO Blue)

What about Ruby and Emerald?

Latest Posts

Back