• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Squared size comparison

Ben G

Oakley Expert
Essex, UK
I've started to get a yearning for a pair of XS's after buying a few Juliet's, but I've never really taken notice before as I was under the impression that XS's were huge in comparison, so wouldn't suit me.

But after seeing a few members here wearing some who also wear Penny's, I'm think they can't be that big as I'm thinking? I have also seen some people mention they fit tighter than a Juliet too? I've tried searching & googling, but mostf what I find is side by side or frames stacked in front of each other, but it's hard to judge with perspective, etc.

So I was wondering if anyone could say put a Juliet lens on top of a XS to get a rough idea. What about a compatible o-matter frame? I really like Jupiter Squares (or carbons/ lites), I have 5 pairs of them and I feel they are probably the biggest square frame I can get away with without looking daft. I have a pair of Slivers and I feel they are fraction too big in depth. How close is a XS to a JS then?

Pairs seem to go in the £300's on the bay, so I can't quite afford the punt ATM that they might actually fit/'suit me :D

Cheers guys

But after seeing a few members here wearing some who also wear Penny's

Would I be on that list? ;)

The main thing about Juliet vs. XS "tight fit" comment has to do with the length of the earstems. The earstems of the XS are much shorter than the other x-metals - While a juliet earstem tips will be where your head is tapering towards the back, XS tips will "grip" you closer to the widest point or your head, and some find that uncomfortable and/or annoying. It's the feature I like the least about XS.

If I have some time this evening or later I'll take some Juliet / XS pics in the config you've requested, if somebody else doesn't beat me to it first.

Would I be on that list? ;)

The main thing about Juliet vs. XS "tight fit" comment has to do with the length of the earstems. The earstems of the XS are much shorter than the other x-metals - While a juliet earstem tips will be where your head is tapering towards the back, XS tips will "grip" you closer to the widest point or your head, and some find that uncomfortable and/or annoying. It's the feature I like the least about XS.

If I have some time this evening or later I'll take some Juliet / XS pics in the config you've requested, if somebody else doesn't beat me to it first.
I don't think anyone is going to beat you to it. :p

XS frames are wider than Juliets. The best way to judge is post a pic of yourself wearing Juliet. 1 pic front on and 1 with your chin down. I can wear Juliets but they're on the small side as the orbital jet intake obstructs my vision, whereas XS is fine.

Whereas for a friend of mine with a slim head, the Juliets are perfect but XS is too wide for him - there's like a whole finger space between the arm and his head near the temples

Latest Posts

Back