• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sold $125 BNIB Oakley Unknown Crystal Black

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Username Hidden

1D50C1B6-9B57-499C-9E22-30C2134416DA.jpeg

Oakley “Unknown” Crystal Black

Aww yeah. 😄 One of the best & sleekest looking pairs Oakley ever made. Ideal for small & medium faces.

Brand New in Box (BNIB)
Frame: 10/10
Icons: 10/10
Lenses: 10/10
Rubber: 10/10
Frame Color: Crystal Black
Lenses: Dark Gray (mph)

$125 plus shipping.. Preference given to reputable forum members, with good feedback. Open to trades for Star Wars Legos too.

O-Review Details & Photos
Unknown

34B56742-FD52-46E5-9428-FEA4E23F7B35.jpeg
3C00EBB5-6508-42CE-9086-488626D89684.jpeg
B507C038-C1FB-4889-A0B1-F58D055AE9C6.jpeg

@SK GT @Rotten Ronnie @andr3 @Mg228 @MinC13 please tag anyone else who might want.

Some people reacted to this post.
Every collection should include this model. Even better in person, pics don’t even do them justice.

Username Hidden said:
Every collection should include this model. Even better in person, pics don’t even do them justice.
I’m glad I’m part of that club! Wish I had an Overcast pair, too.

To be clear to others, I offered to ship the sunglasses to the buyer. He would only have to pay me F&F after they arrived safely. No money upfront.

@OakleyBoss could we please reconsider. I believe the forum should strongly advise and recommend G&S. But if a seller like me wants to absorb 100% of the risk, why would that be prohibited?

Many other forums on the Internet operate this way with reputation being the standard.

Here is the G & S scenario:
$125 +20% end of year income taxes + $5 s&h = $155

That doesn't make a lot of financial sense for anyone.

I'm selling these for what I bought them (zero profit/gains) but I doubt I can produce paperwork to prove it on my year end taxes.

We've already seen a huge decline in the Oakley Forum exchange, for this reason.

Username Hidden said:
To be clear to others, I offered to ship the sunglasses to the buyer. He would only have to pay me F&F after they arrived safely. No money upfront.

@OakleyBoss could we please reconsider. I believe the forum should strongly advise and recommend G&S. But if a seller like me wants to absorb 100% of the risk, why would that be prohibited?

Many other forums on the Internet operate this way with reputation being the standard.

Here is the G & S scenario:
$125 +20% end of year income taxes + $5 s&h = $155

That doesn't make a lot of financial sense for anyone.

I'm selling these for what I bought them (zero profit/gains) but I doubt I can produce paperwork to prove it on my year end taxes.

We've already seen a huge decline in the Oakley Forum exchange, for this reason.
I agree with the FnF. Depending on tax brackets, the income tax rate can be even higher than your scenario above.

I'm curious @OakleyBoss - Have you been seeing a decrease in sale ads on the forum? I know it seems like a lot of "Trade" threads have been opened and I bet a lot of those are to avoid this whole G&S 1099 debacle that is looming...

I know I plan on only offering face to face cash deals when I put up any ads here in the future. Items may sit forever, but that's better than paying income taxes on a hobby in which I actually lose money by the time you add in shipping fees and whatnot.

Thank the "American Rescue Plan" for this one. Somehow, that meant getting more taxes out of people in the middle class. (My theory is that "Higher Income" people generally know how to work the tax system and won't pay income tax on sales like this and "Lower Income" folks probably aren't selling anything over $600.)

And, who is the buyer? You are a well established member. Are they?

Username Hidden said:
View attachment 953059
Oakley “Unknown” Crystal Black

Aww yeah. 😄 One of the best & sleekest looking pairs Oakley ever made. Ideal for small & medium faces.

Brand New in Box (BNIB)
Frame: 10/10
Icons: 10/10
Lenses: 10/10
Rubber: 10/10
Frame Color: Crystal Black
Lenses: Dark Gray (mph)

$125 plus shipping.. Preference given to reputable forum members, with good feedback. Open to trades for Star Wars Legos too.

O-Review Details & Photos
Unknown

View attachment 953060View attachment 953061View attachment 953062
@SK GT @Rotten Ronnie @andr3 @Mg228 @MinC13 please tag anyone else who might want.
Love the design of this frame, but it’s too small
For me unfortunately

If I read that exchange/proposal right, that's indeed a bold move, but I understand it's not like a pristine XM or something is at stake.

Status
Not open for further replies.