• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

2015 NBA Playoffs and Finals Thread

soooooo, as I mentioned in an earlier post (maybe a couple weeks ago), Daryl Morey never sleeps...

everyone in Houston knew he was working on getting a PG...you can't land Curry or Westbrook or any other top shelf All-Star/MVP type of PG, but you can definitely improve over what you currently have....

that brings me to the signing of Ty Lawson...

Ty Lawson has had 4 DUI arrests in the last 5 or 6 years - two of which came within the last 6.5 months...

Ty Lawson was ranked third in the league in assists last year with 9.5 while playing for a very bad team...

Ty Lawson is probably one of the two fastest PG's in the league with the ball in their hands and can protect it with great passion (turnovers are at an extreme minimum)...

Ty Lawson shoots the 3 @ 36-37%, but with the Rockets' inside-out-offense, he will get much better looks...

before this trade, the Rockets had fallen out of a top 4 spot in my opinion (EVENTHOUGH they made it to the WCF being down 2 key starters and with 2 backup PG's starting that were 37 and 38 years old)...

there is a major concern with Ty's health - he literally has an alcohol problem, which is dangerous...

if it's not treated, he is putting his NBA career and his life in jeopardy.

my buddies and I always talk about what the Rockets need - I tell them, find a PG that can protect the ball and average 8 or 9 assists game...

looks like we found that guy, but the potential for it to be a bust is there...if he can get cleaned up, there shouldn't be any reason why the Rockets can't get back to the WCF, if everyone stays healthy...

good thing though is that Daryl Morey is the epitome of genius NBA GM - he landed Ty for a half bitten hotdog and an Oakley Lanyard...

if he doesn't pan out, we lose nothing...if he pans out and leads the team with 10 assists per game, then Morey's legend grows even more....

Denver Nuggets president Josh Kroenke provided some interesting insight into the team’s troubled relationship with Ty Lawson, but emphasized the organization is rooting for the recently traded point guard to succeed.

Lawson was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol on July 14, his second arrest for the same charge in the last six months, and the Nuggets traded him to the
Houston Rockets five days later. He is currently attending a 30-day residential rehabilitation program.

Kroenke told Yahoo Sports on Tuesday in a phone interview that the Nuggets had been privately trying to help Lawson with his issues for “the past couple of years” and that there had been problems for a long time.

Kroenke said he had repeated conversations with Lawson about his “life struggles,” adding that Lawson often said he would attempt to fix his issues but he could “never fully shake them.”

“He always had an affinity for burning the candle at both ends,” Kroenke said. “We want to give our players freedom to be young guys as well. We’re not going to be drill sergeants. But we want our guys to be able to handle their personal lives on their own.

“Ty … there were times when he was better than others. But the problems have been there for several years, going back to when we were having a lot of on-court success. I don’t want to go back too far. There were just a lot of times where you were at practice and you just know. You could smell it. You know there is probably deeper issues than he would probably let on.”

Kroenke reached a breaking point with Lawson when the guard skipped the Nuggets’ first practice after the NBA All-Star break in February after spending time in Las Vegas. Kroenke said he hadn’t talked to Lawson much since then, but continued to support him. Most of Lawson’s front office communication since the All-Star Break had been with Nuggets general manager Tim Connelly. “I love Ty and will always love Ty, but once I saw him going down this dark path, we knew that we probably were going to end up in a situation where we were dumping him,” Kroenke said. “It creates a weird dynamic.”

“There weren’t a lot of teams [interested in Lawson],” Kroenke said. “Houston was in a position where this could put them over the top. We’re fully aware of that. We couldn’t look at this deal from any perspective but our own.

“In the long run, I hope [the trade] is a good thing for Ty Lawson, the person. There are no guarantees. Sometimes you just need to hear the message from a different person. Sometimes a change of scenery is the best thing for all parties. That’s the way we looked at this. … I think Ty Lawson, the person, is starting to understand more so than he ever has the things he needs to do in order to keep his career on track and more importantly get his life on track.”

“[The Nuggets] understood what was best for Ty,” Lawson’s agent Happy Walters told Yahoo Sports via text. “They actually care, and it’s rare for owners and GMs to put players’ well-being first.”
Although Lawson could be in an ideal situation, it’s still unclear when he’ll be able to join the Rockets. Lawson's next court appearance is Aug. 20 in Denver for January’s DUI arrest.

@Litos I dont think anybody here has the time to read your novel lol. I remember my aviation instructor always keeps saying "KEEP IT SIMPLE DIMWIT". Lawson really?? deserves all that novel??:whistle:

@Litos I dont think anybody here has the time to read your novel lol. I remember my aviation instructor always keeps saying "KEEP IT SIMPLE DIMWIT". Lawson really?? deserves all that novel??:whistle:
It was an article, written in English, so I can understand if you can't read it lol...

Back