• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

2017 1st Quarter Release (sneak peak)

Hey @Lars like straightlink what other frames are in full custom if you know? Meaning lenses are available through Oakley? Does double edge, or drop Point come that way?
Just curious if you'd read anything in the forum.... PS I'm interested in checking out prizm Jade soon, if anyone knows someone with extra lenses!

Totally agree, but prizm is/WAS an actual technology before. It's funny how their tech sheets don't explain in Any Way why Prizm... Buzzword is probably right, and seems wrong to use.

I worked on the initial PRIZM project. Its an performance improvement to the existing lens colors. Good work was put into maintaining white balance while blocking the overpowering colors. But overall, PRIZM equals new improved colors...... for specific environments. allegedly :cool-20:

@TimeTank I think I more went to question the Prizm Ruby, Prizm tungsten, Prizm Sapphire. What environments are those supposed to help in? I believe they are great lenses I just wonder what the logic is and what the season in / lighting situations these lenses work best in.

I see.

Initially each color was "tuned" to work best in specific environment (trail, baseball field, road, snow, etc) Not sure what colors correspond to to which environments, but is can make a noticeably good difference. Check Oakley - Men's & Women's Sunglasses, Goggles, & Apparel would be the best source.

Is it "Marketing Fluff"? Maybe..... LUX could of threw that all out by now. But It WAS based on studies, trials, & data done by experts.

Latest Posts

Back