• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Crossrange Release

Yes but here's what they're not showing you....

cross.jpg

Oakley's new Crossrange sunglasses were designed for those on the move. Whether it's for active use or simply exploring the city, the sunglasses were designed from the ground up to transform into a frame that is perfect for things like running or cycling and then can be changed up for everything else. What they've done is created a modular design that has easy to swap grippy earstems and nose pieces for sport and and an opposite of lower profile pieces for everyday use.

Soooooo....basically.....this is part of the next Lux conspiracy....kill off the active lines altogether and ensure EVERY person is running around is some kind of generic wayfarer whether hanging at the beach, riding their bicycle or out for a jog.

The thing I don't get? Do you really have any practical reason to NOT want Unobtainium? Like I get having a lifestyle frame and it's less because it doesn't have that etc. But if you had a frame with the Unobtainium option, where's the need to switch that out? If the rubber is done right, it doesn't really mess with the fit. Seems like they created a new modular design with rubber that provides a non rubber option that nobody would ever really choose. Shrug...maybe that's just me.

Either way- it's generic, it's boring and if you gave it to me, I wouldn't wear it. BTW- can you tell I don't like them?

Last edited:
Yes but here's what they're not showing you....

View attachment 308812

Oakley's new Crossrange sunglasses were designed for those on the move. Whether it's for active use or simply exploring the city, the sunglasses were designed from the ground up to transform into a frame that is perfect for things like running or cycling and then can be changed up for everything else. What they've done is created a modular design that has easy to swap grippy earstems and nose pieces for sport and and an opposite of lower profile pieces for everyday use.

Soooooo....basically.....this is part of the next Lux conspiracy....kill off the active lines altogether and ensure EVERY person is running around is some kind of generic wayfarer whether hanging at the beach, riding their bicycle or out for a jog.

The thing I don't get? Do you really have any practical reason to NOT want Unobtainium? Like I get having a lifestyle frame and it's less because it doesn't have that etc. But if you had a frame with the Unobtainium option, where's the need to switch that out? If the rubber is done right, it doesn't really mess with the fit. Seems like they created a new modular design with rubber that provides a non

I would not want to run/jog/hike in that design. It's easier to carry a sport frame with you. In fact I'm sure most active people have multiple frames to different activities. I'm with you and frank... crap crap and more crap they are releasing.

I would not want to run/jog/hike in that design. It's easier to carry a sport frame with you. In fact I'm sure most active people have multiple frames to different activities. I'm with you and frank... crap crap and more crap they are releasing.
That design doesn't scream active at all. Rather boring... I'll stick with my Jawbreaker and EV Zero. Maybe there is some active soul who hates gigantic cycloptic shields... Maybe they'll bite.

Sent from Q's Note5

I carry multiple frames for different activities too. :)

Latest Posts

Back