• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

24k irididium lens, is it polarized?

bengimano

Oakley Beginner
Hey,

Today I bought the 24k iridium frogskin from amazon. On the website it says they're polarized but there is no indication on the box or anywhere else that they are polarized.

I also have put them on and I don't notice the difference with my other frogskins, can anyone advise?

While wearing them, look at a phone screen and rotate the phone tbrough 90 degrees. You should see the screen darken noticeably. Or simply look across a car windscreen at an angle and you will see the 'shadow' of the glasses lamination. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

While wearing them, look at a phone screen and rotate the phone tbrough 90 degrees. You should see the screen darken noticeably. Or simply look across a car windscreen at an angle and you will see the 'shadow' of the glasses lamination. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

^^^this^^^

The phone screen may or may not change depending on the screens technology.

Another good way to tell that @Chris A Hardaway has showed us is to hold one lens in front of the other while looking through and turn one of the lens 90°. If it blacks out when turning one of them than it is polarized.

Look at an lcd screen that should be accessible enough. If looks funny (3d like) then it’s polarized.

The reason why I don’t like em.

Latest Posts

Back