• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Acid And Jetty Blue Frogs On The Vault

Honestly these past Frogs haven't been so great and I assume they aren't selling well because of how quickly they're hitting the Vault website.

Honestly these past Frogs haven't been so great and I assume they aren't selling well because of how quickly they're hitting the Vault website.
IMO Red/Blue series was by far the best Frog release of the year. Crystal Blue is brilliant, the black pair has probably the best Ruby lenses I've ever seen, and the microbag was awesome.

The problem with the Acid series is that it was just too bright a colour range for mass sales. It was also going after a fashion theme, which is seasonal at best, but they've tried to persist with the colour range for over a year (Acids, Blacklights [which are matte Acids], Acid Tortoise, Deuce Coupe) and unfortunately Acid/neon colours were already out of fashion by the time the Acids came out anyway. Oakley were behind the curve as it were.

Furthermore, it feels like Oakley very much target the Frogskins at the younger demographic but that age range seem to be influenced by all the celebs and celebs are mostly seen in Ray-Bans. Most of the people I know who wear Frogskins are in their late 20's/early 30's, and that's just not a demographic who are going to buy and wear Acid colours. It really feels like Oakley are not too sure of what to do with Frogskins range, who to target, and what colour ranges to produce. It's really frustrating because they are doing so many cool things with other ranges but they never seem to come to the Frogskins. It's been much more down to their collaboration partners to push the scope of the frame and design/colour options (STPL, BKRW, Fragment etc.).

Positives are on the horizon soon with the new Rossi's and Kostons though, really looking forward to those.

Back