1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. gascan21

gascan21 Oakley Beginner

how many types and sizes are there? i am thinking about using some for some displays. are they commonly available?

cyclerdoug likes this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. cyclerdoug

cyclerdoug The Juliet Multiplier Premium Member

Hey man, missed this sorry. If you are talking about the Oakley shelf stands I use them in my Spine Case. They are approx. 14 inches long and 7 wide, and come in clear Lucite with aluminum legs. There are 2 different heights, and I have both. They dramatically increase display space because you use the shelf itself and then all the shelf space underneath it is still useable. I am not aware of any other sizes or heights of this particular display. Hope this helped!

3. cyclerdoug

Wow. I am a dumbsh!t. Please reference this thread from Siracer...he CLEARLY shows a huge shelf stand that I will eventually get my grubby paws on!!

http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/new-lights-in-3-0-display-case.67358/

Thanks in advance to @SiRacer420 for pulling his thread over here...I was checking out his new 3.0 lights and saw the riser and said "Daaaaamn!!!! Look at that"!!!

:shock:

Learn something new everyday!

SiRacer420 likes this.
  4. gascan21

gascan21 Oakley Beginner

Not only the shelves, but the blocks. I am looking for acrylic blocks.

5. SiRacer420

SiRacer420 I've got a few Oakleys

The ones that the POP cards go in?

6. gascan21

gascan21 Oakley Beginner

No. The solid blocks. I've seen them at stores, in the cases. They are 4x4 by 8 or 9 inches long. Others are inch and a half or 2 thick by 4 or so.

cyclerdoug likes this.
  7. SiRacer420

SiRacer420 I've got a few Oakleys

Hmmmmm I don't think I've ever seen those. But I don't get to visit an O store very often. I'll certainly be on the lookout!

cyclerdoug likes this.
  8. cyclerdoug

If those solid blocks you're talking about aren't proprietary, or have the logo molded into them, I would imagine you could get them from a local shop or on the Bay...The stands are a clear Lucite shelf but the legs are pretty unique to Oakley so I tried and succeeded in getting them...but I would have zero problems with plain old clear Lucite blocks. I have a riser on my X Metals shelf now that is a 3-sided square that I have a pair of Juliets sitting on with a coin.

9. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

I have. They put them in cases the past few years

10. gascan21

gascan21 Oakley Beginner

they don't have any markings. but i don't know the exact size either so i don't know who has them.

cyclerdoug likes this.