• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Alternative Microfiber?

SecretNinja

I am Jim Janard's Cousin's Brother In Law
Krypton
Other than Oakley brand microfiber cloths, what do you guys find suitable for you lenses? Looking for the best and affordable brands out there that I wouldn't feel too terrible if J lost them or tossed them.

I don't use the MF at all. It does not really the lenses.
I clean under running Water with some Fairy dish soap.
Rinse good and dry with cosmetic Paper towels.

I use Zeiss cloths that come included with their lens cleaning solution.

I get Zeiss plus another brand ( I’ll have to ask the name ) that are used professionally at my buddy’s optometry practice.

I agree with @TheStig that the Oakley microfiber bags are not useful for cleaning.

I use those packs of microfiber rags you can typically buy cheaper for a brief wipe down (usually after using a blower bulb), if there's oils/finger prints like with my camera lens sometimes I'll use something thinner/absorbent that's similar to the microfiber bags but more absorbent (like the red clothes I get with my breakthrough photography filters)

The main thing you don't want to do is go grinding a speck of sand into the lens with any cloth. And I keep my cloths I use for work (merchandising dust down) separate from the ones I use for the glasses or camera lens.

what do you mean, what is that?
1631371615677.png

Latest Posts

Back