• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anodizing X-Metals by XMC optics

Those last 3 frames pictured were ALL completely polished before anodizing. Polishing was custom not OEM
if I land a XX from the X-Metals Exchange, I'm sending them to you for polishing (but no anodizing :)) and a potential tightening...gotta buy them and wear them to see if they need tightening....

what you did to that rusted wreck was nothing short of some kind of wizardry or sorcery........

Well if you did it wouldn't really help; they don't have either one...
liar.

Star Wars is pretty much sorcery throughout the movie.....

the kid in glasses that lives in Hogwarts or whatever it's called.....

Star Wars.

liar.

Star Wars.

Well if you point is that Star Wars (as well as almost all other "sci-fi" movies) is actually fantasy sci-fi instead of sci-fi, then yes, you are correct.

But if you didn't watch Star Wars, how would you know?!?

Anyway... :focus:

liar.

Star Wars.

LMAO, that was funny.. No sorcery: I did use the Force though to move the rust off it. The "Force" is in all living things, The closer you are in touch with Titanium the better you can manipulate the surface. My polishing is thread covers the polishing, but basically I bring the Titanium down to pure Ti and its highly polished surface. OEM polishing I swear is some kind of plating. Its too pure for basic polishing on any type of production line. Also its been mentioned that the OEM polished have a clear coat on it. But.... if that were the case, when I went to anodize one it would BLOW off the clear coat, similar to blowing off the carbon on those frames. So not figured out the OEM one. My shine is just a good and its a shine everywhere, including inside the temple shox area, inside the nose and under and around the nose parts. Its not Machine or Hand polished either so there is NO sanding. It takes your frame and creates the surface shine, then the Ti does its thing and creates its clear oxide layer. So texture on some Ti, none on others, each piece is separate due to castings and amounts of the other alloys mixed in. I have noticed differences between ear stems, noses, and orbitals. They all act slightly different, but the shine is the same. :)

Will be happy to take care of this for you, just let me know when :) Gotta Polished Juliet sitting around here and wondering what to make it??? Guys got any suggestions, plus probably gonna sell it when done too.

Latest Posts

Back