• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Luck Finding More Red Ruby Lenses In O Stores?

ucdavis4PT0gpa

I should Work at Oakley
Oceanside, Oregon
In anticipation of a new pair of Juliet X Metal Ruby's coming in that were purported to be more Fruby (they are) I cruised by the O Store by my house last week to check out a couple pairs of Ruby replacement lenses. Just eying these two pairs they were not like OOOOOH red to my eye but after looking at the Fruby (which basically looks EXACTLY like the Fire lenses on my R2 Scelzi) they are certainly better-the centers even had near purple tint to them. I'm going to go back Saturday with the Fruby's in hand to do side by side comparison.

Has anyone else done like an O-Store stop here and there and in time found some very good and above RED Ruby lenses using this method?

It's really depend on your luck. I've done that at several O-Stores and O-vaults. In 2010, I got a REALLY REALLY dark ruby pair with purple hues at an O-store. From my experience, O-stores have better products than O-vaults. I checked 3 vaults in the past few weeks and found only Fruby, some doesn't even have red tints and some has difference color between left and right side. One O-store has a pair with light purple hues but very little red tint. Good luck finding yours....

Well I did good....found a pair with good purple hues fading to red...orange at the edges. I actually brought the Frubies and none of the employees could believe they were Ruby...swore they were Fire. The darkest center of the Frubies were only as dark as the edges of the Ruby.

Latest Posts

Back