• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Sneakerheads In The House?

A bit on the side here, but are the 6 inch SI boots any good? I can get them locally at a discount (desert or black, but it isn't the newest model)
Oakleysi.jpg

Missed the Playstation PG2. Nike's raffle system was an inevitable L

Saw the LA 9's just a bit earlier. I really like the color and material selection, but I'm holding out for the black pair, or if this hits discount. Didn't scream "sellout".

Air Jordan V Retro Premium "Pure Platinum"

I have a beach wedding to go to. Apparently dress code allows sandals and sneakers. Decided I'm going to hover in with these.
Of course I didn't pay the $400 retail — far from it — but I guess depending who asks...sure I did ;)

0MNarzL.jpg

Rundown:
-Premium leather running on the upper and interior, wrapping the midsole (hence why the teeth lines aren't as defined), and eyelets. Sniff these all day.
-Dust bag
-Card with short letter
-Special box
-Lace lock revised as leather piece with Flight branding

qHrQPgOb.jpg
FCXA1ebb.jpg
mpvqXWVb.jpg
Tas1SDdb.jpg
2jZSWLKb.jpg

Is that worth the original price tag? Considering these were literally sitting for almost a year, no. The premium materials were premium, but you can find other leather shoes — probably of better quality — for maybe less. Only difference is they're not an Air Jordan silhouette. Making these limited probably could've helped, although the production cost regardless must've been no big deal for the brand. The other colors sold out.

Really not my cup of tea as a shoe at first, and I mean I've been long deliberating other Jordan V's for an overdue pickup, but the situation called for it. All predictable feeling on-foot, with the bland cushion (I've been wearing the BYW all last week) and stiff leather out the box. I am trying to break them in so they look more flush and take on more shape natural. Wearing in all that leather is....pleasurable.

Zoom Kobe 1 Protro
eSONMlI.jpg

You know my fandom in the NBA, you know I was after these. The first official signature for Kobe under Nike, which came under his most ridiculous scoring season. Stat records are getting topped more and more often, but sometimes it boils down to "you weren't there". Smush and Kwame, and all the things that weren't right with that team to be a proper contender. It was the epitome of "put da team on my back doe".

B2aGP7vb.jpg
YyWEDe0b.jpg
t8P6mwsb.jpg

Never had the original Zoom Kobe 1, but the Protro has slight tweaks with full Zoom and a closer-fitting upper (you can sorta tell in comparison photos that there's less foam/filling). Been reading that the reduced weight claims are null, though. Shoe fits TTS and steps nicer than it looks. There's a supposed "rocker" setup in the cushion, but I can't make sense of what it is in the context of Zoom Air. Whatever it is, really good cushion overall, especially in the heel.

Generally proper containment, although the lateral midfoot could be more snug imo. That low-running composite accent at the heel seems to be barely above where your heel actually rests, so it's more of a torsional and aesthetic measure. I'm not big on the medial toe profile being a straight/flat cut, but it was probably a design cue for spot-up shooting stability.

On that note, I'm really curious about the Kyrie 4, but I really don't play that much to justify the purchase. There's hardly any casual appeal to me.

LeBron XV - "City Edition"/Wolf Grey

(unfortunately more words than pictures)
egsucbx.jpg

With the active Footlocker discount, missing the other key releases, and general curiosity....not too surprising of a pick-up.

Cushion is really nice. Not exactly plush or has the same "sink in" like Boost, but runs smooth. That hard curve up at the toe helps with quicker pivots. You do sit over the Air units, and the Phylon section of the midsole as well, but movement feels pretty natural imo.

Upper is also really nice. There is some strategic backing. Most apparent to me is the toe cap where the underside material can chafe your toes with the wrong socks. Otherwise, this is as "pure" as Flyknit has felt on a basketball shoe in my experience. Dynamic Flywire is used pretty well here, but on hard cuts I'm feeling it dig into my ankle on the medial side.

I switched to smoother laces, because while the default thick weave laces kinda serve to provide some step-lacing, I'm not a fan of the Flywire cables being inadvertently snagged.

Went half-size down in fit for insurance that I get a snug heel. Surprisingly the forefoot feels true-to-size in width, and the overall length has a bit of allowance — something I don't normally get from Nike when I go half-size down.

The backing at the toe cap I mentioned earlier continues as a lip/rim around the base of the footbed. It doesn't feel like cardboard or anything when flexing the toes, but it does hold me in effectively. The heel has an internal and lower external counter with some interior sculpting. The material has some give, but heel slip issues are nowhere as bad for me as the Curry 4, as that shoe's support features were spaced out pretty wide imo.

LeBron's own PEs now have a more exaggerated outrigger, but need for such depends on player. It is true, though, that the LeBron 15's platform doesn't seem as wide as more current shoes I've held it against for direct comparison. It matches the LeBron 9...but that's like 6 years old and runs lower.

Once (or if) it grows on you, the casual appeal saves this shoe. This, and the BYW make a lot of other shoes feel/look really dated all of a sudden — well, to me. Even the Jordan 32 seems a bit "ordinary" to me now.

Zoom Kobe 1 Protro
View attachment 435728
You know my fandom in the NBA, you know I was after these. The first official signature for Kobe under Nike, which came under his most ridiculous scoring season. Stat records are getting topped more and more often, but sometimes it boils down to "you weren't there". Smush and Kwame, and all the things that weren't right with that team to be a proper contender. It was the epitome of "put da team on my back doe".

View attachment 435729 View attachment 435730 View attachment 435731

Never had the original Zoom Kobe 1, but the Protro has slight tweaks with full Zoom and a closer-fitting upper (you can sorta tell in comparison photos that there's less foam/filling). Been reading that the reduced weight claims are null, though. Shoe fits TTS and steps nicer than it looks. There's a supposed "rocker" setup in the cushion, but I can't make sense of what it is in the context of Zoom Air. Whatever it is, really good cushion overall, especially in the heel.

Generally proper containment, although the lateral midfoot could be more snug imo. That low-running composite accent at the heel seems to be barely above where your heel actually rests, so it's more of a torsional and aesthetic measure. I'm not big on the medial toe profile being a straight/flat cut, but it was probably a design cue for spot-up shooting stability.

On that note, I'm really curious about the Kyrie 4, but I really don't play that much to justify the purchase. There's hardly any casual appeal to me.

Nice pickup... I took my OG one out of the box a few weeks ago, still a nice shoe, held up really good for being 10 plus years old
d53d2d5e6147f305247d96192adfd02d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't seem to find the answer to this - What is the consensus on the most comfortable daily wear Oakley sneakers?

I have a pair of high top Shoe Ones, and while comfortable at the front, I find that just at the rear heel region, there is a piece of hard plastic that seems to annoy from time to time. Also, the rubber seems to be separating from the kevlar!!! :(

Latest Posts

Back