• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Sneakerheads In The House?

Nike Penny IV Copper.

Wanted this since hearing about it, but never for retail, especially since they scrapped the original forefoot Zoom unit. So it's more fashion over function, but still playable. My only issue is that I can't imagine the original release being all too remarkable. A lot of features don't seem to have a real merit other than "just because" and "it will work". I mean the laces are tedious to thread (I personally don't like stressing quick lace setups) and the strap makes 3 passes through small slots. But nonetheless, I like the material for the most part, and won't expect much others wearing this.
LM3VYAt.jpg

NkuFlnWb.jpg
Ne3owDGb.jpg
ePsdSqYb.jpg
zPrMdnwb.jpg

Went on the Foot Locker site and they had the Copper Foamposite at a killer price. Unfortunately, the shoe can only be picked up in store and the store here does not have it.

I see the Foot Locker overlords have closed some stores; Tallahassee has only one Foot Locker now. The one at the mall just quietly closed.

I picked up these - nothing all that special, but considering it was a boost shoe...for $39 and free shipping? It was a no brainer. They also had some women running boost shoes for $29 - good for daily wearing for the wife or girlfriend. I also have a pair of ultraboost 3.0s on the way and a pair of NMD R2 Primeknits. Next up for me is a pair of Pharrel Human Race & Yeezy v2 Peanut Butters (if I can get ahold of them, but got a plan in the works that should guarantee it).

sneakers-adidas-originals-tubular-instinct-boost-vintage-white-core-black-white-101706-674-1.jpg

Last edited:
Li-Ning Way of Wade 6 "Satori"

zs5sVSV.jpg

I jumped on the next colorway I could get along with to try this half-size-down, and it's an improvement for fit. Less excess in the forefoot and the midfoot is more properly adjustable. I'm less immersed in the cushion, though.

IrR10dUb.jpg
6e45SJ7b.jpg

The contrast with the overlays are more apparent in person, and nudged me into actually liking the colorway vs. simply getting along with it.

I do see the Way of Wade 6 as one of my better purchases overall lately, even when I didn't go half size down. Even though performance shoes are for...performance, always welcome to having them more straightforward to lace up and go with.

Tubular instinct boosts came in today, pretty nice shoe. The boost is noticeable - don't believe the hypebeasts on YouTube. If you walk with proper form - you'll feel the boost support in the key areas. However, if you walk with your toes then you're not going to feel the boost even though it is a full boost sole. The rubber containing the boost may have something to do with that.

The only downside is that suede is a bitch to keep clean, but with some waterproofing spray and rolling up denim jeans to prevent suede stains you should be alright.

Would I have paid retail ($150)? No, but for $38, I'll order a few.

The upper is pretty thick rough suede with perforations so you can wear it in hot weather without feeling like you're roasting your feet. The rubber seems to be of good quality too - pretty strong grip. For me, I didn't get heel slip at all. It grips onto your heel pretty well. I am TTS 10, but I went for an 11 because I have wider feet. This shoe fits a bit narrow, so remember that and order a half size or full size up. Stitching and glue are all well done in my example - no fraying or leftover glue, so the QC for mine was pretty good. The leather at the back of the shoe is extremely soft as well. It will be prone to water stains so that's something to keep in mind. However, since it's $40-50 I won't complain that much.

EB8AAFD1-0BB8-4579-9923-09F69C30061B.jpeg

6F4EA643-968B-4735-9BD1-D80A365AF76E.jpeg

Place of Purchase:
adidas Tubular Instinct Boost (Vintage White/Core Black-Running White)

I used a 20% discount code called newyear20 to purchase. I believe that is no longer active, but if you register an email then you qualify for a 10% discount code.

Last edited:
Adidas Crazy BYW LVL 1.

Simplest way to put it: I wouldn't be surprised if the consensus is that these dethroned the Ultra Boost for comfort.
hs01U98.jpg

The Boost is is split in an articulated fashion. It's thicker. It runs beyond the footbed and even acts as a support wall. It's rounded and kinked strategically.

Looks are each to their own. I much prefer the performance model coming later in this respect. Here, the front is an elastic band setup to keep things flexible but flush, with what seems to be a thick PrimeKnit as the base material. Above the white stitching is a wide mesh (albeit the a backing). The medial secondary overlay and the tongue are thin, but legit nubuck you can run your fingers on to switch the shade. The lateral side shown has a ribbed version of this. Boost aside, the midsole also has a soft tpu chassis to run a bit up the arch. Everything is so thin and flexible that I can fit it just fine without any slip. I also went half size down because I could imagine the material stretching a bit. While this isn't the performance version, you can at least run in these. It's ugly but all seemingly functional.

This is straight up the kind of thing that makes me look at a lot of my other shoes and think: What's the point? I'm not kidding.

I am going on a trip soon to see family, and seriously considering offloading stuff at a loss if nostalgia and sentimental value can't keep them in my closet.

Adidas Crazy BYW LVL 1.

Simplest way to put it: I wouldn't be surprised if the consensus is that these dethroned the Ultra Boost for comfort.
View attachment 430350
The Boost is is split in an articulated fashion. It's thicker. It runs beyond the footbed and even acts as a support wall. It's rounded and kinked strategically.

Looks are each to their own. I much prefer the performance model coming later in this respect. Here, the front is an elastic band setup to keep things flexible but flush, with what seems to be a thick PrimeKnit as the base material. Above the white stitching is a wide mesh (albeit the a backing). The medial secondary overlay and the tongue are thin, but legit nubuck you can run your fingers on to switch the shade. The lateral side shown has a ribbed version of this. Boost aside, the midsole also has a soft tpu chassis to run a bit up the arch. Everything is so thin and flexible that I can fit it just fine without any slip. I also went half size down because I could imagine the material stretching a bit. While this isn't the performance version, you can at least run in these. It's ugly but all seemingly functional.

This is straight up the kind of thing that makes me look at a lot of my other shoes and think: What's the point? I'm not kidding.

I am going on a trip soon to see family, and seriously considering offloading stuff at a loss if nostalgia and sentimental value can't keep them in my closet.

It looks like a Yeezy Desert Rat 500. Overall, I like them. Any website where I could get them from?

Back