• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Sneakerheads In The House?

Haha! I saw these "low" key Hyperdunk 17z at the Nike Factory Store in Pismo Beach today for $39.95 + an extra 20% off. I had time to try them on, talk to a guy in the store, start walking out and my son's screening "I need to Pee".... You gotta be kidding me. Lol. Restrooms in the other side of the outlets. I drove him over there to avoid anyone's embarrassment and didn't go back. I guess sometimes it isn't meant to be. I'll have to keep wearing Kobe AD low in Red.

Screenshot_20180304-174615.png

Haha! I saw these "low" key Hyperdunk 17z at the Nike Factory Store in Pismo Beach today for $39.95 + an extra 20% off. I had time to try them on, talk to a guy in the store, start walking out and my son's screening "I need to Pee".... You gotta be kidding me. Lol. Restrooms in the other side of the outlets. I drove him over there to avoid anyone's embarrassment and didn't go back. I guess sometimes it isn't meant to be. I'll have to keep wearing Kobe AD low in Red.

View attachment 442063

Team shoes come out every year so if you missed it this year, hopes for next year of getting something better next time. I've heard React cushion wasn't totally figured out yet for bball.

But that price is absolute peanuts and you should've made your kid pee his pants so you can finish the transaction. Those HD lows are clean for any purpose.

Team shoes come out every year so if you missed it this year, hopes for next year of getting something better next time. I've heard React cushion wasn't totally figured out yet for bball.

But that price is absolute peanuts and you should've made your kid pee his pants so you can finish the transaction. Those HD lows are clean for any purpose.
Exactly! Shoulda made him pee right there in the floor. Lol.

I was thinking of working out and practicing in those HDs. PS, two of my favorite shoes ever (for balling) are Kobe IVs and Hyperdunks from '08.

So these would have been my first pickup in an HD since then. React is going to be a good thing, they felt comfortable as **** in the store.

Congrats on the light wallet @Ventruck on a classic Colorway. I've had to sleep in so many Retros since buying a home with the Wife. Once I get some more paper stacked I'll be building myself a new shoe closet... For my wife! She's about as nutty as you guys...

PS, if anyone wears size 11 US in men's and has any VNDS Js cheap I'm interested.

Air Jordan 13 - Hyper Royal

Got the reserve on Nike+. Word was going around that these won't necessarily sit, and so I played it safe. Turns out those projections were right.
Was really torn on whether or not I actually like them.

But alas they came in 2 days early, I took a shower, sniffed what seemed like actual leather, and they went to feet.
I just never had a leather 13 yet so I was curious. I could still return, but iono. I'm kinda in it to finally have a leather build. Lacing structure seems better-maintained and there is that added premium feel of the shoe. Also does without the piping that makes the shoe look thick.

I like the outsole view, but I feel the upper is missing an accent color on either the lining or tongue. I get that it's trying to pair with the 18 that released recently as well.
NNdsbVZ.jpg

FvQcGkb.jpg

Grabbed DEM TAX SEASON 9's.

I really wanted to hold out because I've grabbed a ridiculous amount of stuff this month. It's honestly stupid from the standpoint of having principles. But these were moving. I, again, got the very last pair in-store, and it was my size. While I was checking out, there was someone looking for it, too.

I guess Jordan Brand really isn't playing with their volumes anymore, or tax returns were indeed motivating general spending, or these were an obvious popular colorway, or a bit of everything. My bottom line was that 3rd point. I've been dodging 9's, and to be honest if I ever were to get one, this was the only colorway I'd get thus far

AIR JORDAN IX Air Jordan 9 Retro 'Black & University Red' Release Date.

(Pics by Nike)
302370_014_E_PREM?$SNKRS_COVER_WD$&align=0,1.jpg

Things are tough. Those eyelets, the beefy midsole. All that stitching...The inspiration was a baseball mitt as these were more of a celebratory shoe while MJ had temporary retirement from basketball and played in minor leagues — stemming from his past with his father (RIP, terrible death). Kinda sucks that those textures on the upper are not perforated, but I guess there were limitations with production at the time. There's not much to expect with comfort and performance. Again, it was more of a celebratory shoe, but at least the upper is much softer than it looks. It's actually pretty thin, and does without overlays for proper support, and that's what saves the shoe for me really. It's very much casual shoe. No Boost or Air, or even decent foam, but for a boot-looking sneaker it's comfortable.

Outsole has a storytelling pattern, but there are flex points. Aesthetically I love that hit of red on the side and underneath, and then that subtle contrast with the outsole being anthracite(?) vs the black upper. Goes a long way for me.
302370_014_B_PREM?$SNKRS_COVER_WD$&align=0,1.jpg

Hopefully there's nothing interesting dropping for some time. Strongly considering the Kyrie IV mango next week as I say that (and basically that's telling that I really think the Kyrie IV is legit), but I can likely get those at discount, and they're cheap to start.

I had those Jordan IXs when they first released. The traction was poor and the cushioning was hard as a brick. Hopefully they have improved.

I had those Jordan IXs when they first released. The traction was poor and the cushioning was hard as a brick. Hopefully they have improved.

I would consider the cushion...not the worst I've tried, but yeah it's not great at all. Compared to the 8 before it and the 10 after — both running concealed Air units — I feel like it falls a bit lower because everything is so squared off.

Traction is more storytelling than performance oriented. Jordan Brand/Tinker really didn't give much mind to performance given the context of the situation Jordan was in at the time.

One thing I've been noticing is if I try to just keep the top tight, the laces will shift anyway and I will start to get a bit of a scrunched toe — as in the lacing tension seems to try to even out. First time I've ever experienced this in a shoe.

But, perfect new shoes for the rain this week.

Starting a new hobby and trying to sell some in my collection. Mostly size 11's but the Jordan 11's which is at 10.5.

At the moment, any takers for the Jordan 13 bred, Jordan 1 bred toe, Jordan 11 72-10, Jordan 11 Space Jam, Jordan 12 Flu game (size 11.5)? =)

If I can get a decent offer, I may also sell by Jordan 11 bred (size 12).

All Dead Stock with original box/packaging!

Back