• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Sneakerheads In The House?

Happy Yeester, everybody.

yeezsmal.jpg

Easter/ Emerald 11 lows, very nice and worth the buck specially below retail. I am very surprised how soft the patent leather is as well as the upper and those hint of pearly iridescent bottom sole adds beauty to this shoe, this would be a perfect summer shoe IMO.
4ffc83c4e67680afabbc6bf058996e91.jpg

e3e2cb909896fee2ae915b9281e672be.jpg

cbcf6bf4564c1bdd3338a364caddea3d.jpg

f47650756ba27f39df31bef6d970ff14.jpg

1a11f0f454b799715245b71ba130885d.jpg

df17e61ae66cc827db5fcb59b70733e1.jpg

f4764cf22c40a8c3f06a809061d28a63.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easter/ Emerald 11 lows, very nice and worth the buck specially below retail. I am very surprised how soft the patent leather is as well as the upper and those hint of pearly iridescent bottom sole adds beauty to this shoe, this would be a perfect summer shoe IMO.
View attachment 457113
View attachment 457114
View attachment 457115
View attachment 457116
View attachment 457117
View attachment 457118
View attachment 457119

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beautiful shoe... The only thing they did wrong is the upper should have been canvas. Great looking mudguard for sure. I've been eyeing all the "Lebron Watch" XVs lately. I'm really into the Moab and the Neon Max 95 color way. Anyone else into them?

@Ventruck not sure if I ever asked do you have a set of these? Any feedback you can share on the Lebron 15 (not the low).

Beautiful shoe... The only thing they did wrong is the upper should have been canvas. Great looking mudguard for sure. I've been eyeing all the "Lebron Watch" XVs lately. I'm really into the Moab and the Neon Max 95 color way. Anyone else into them?

@Ventruck not sure if I ever asked do you have a set of these? Any feedback you can share on the Lebron 15 (not the low).

I think I only discussed it with Q, but yeah I picked up a LeBron XV when there was a sale at FootLocker. Got the city pack pair when a coupon actually worked on them so early upon release. Ended up being $150.

Wouldn't be my go-to for a performance shoe, but it's still impressive of a design in it's own right. The upper is backed by nylon or neoprene for the sake of sweat not murdering the knit, and the lower sections have what is possibly a soft plastic panel sandwiched between the liner and outside knit. It's stiff where it's needed but not felt. If you try it on, you're just going to be feeling it all over like "wtf this is a basketball shoe?" — in a positive sense.

The cushion is gold too. I never tried the KD X to know if there's any better from Nike, but this is surely the most comfortable I've felt with the brand. Downsides are exactly what reviewers pointed out: stability and traction. I'm a bit of lightweight to really feel an issue with stability, but yeah the teeth pattern on the outsole either works or turns on you.

Putting it on isn't a PITA like other one piece builds. Half size down worked for me. You see where the lace loops stop and it's actually more of a mid-low cut, with that collar really just being there....to be there. Looks grew on me because pants make all the difference. Definitely made my "cool" list. It's unlike the Curry 4, which just became useless for me after I concluded I couldn't get along with them. On court you're probably lusting for something different, but at the same time you're not "putting up" with the LeBron XV. Holds it's worth even if the sole intention is to be casual.

Graffiti Pair is fire, but being knit I'd fear for my life of those getting mad dirty.

egsucbx.jpg

BrandBlack Force Vector Court/Mesh

I decided since these are still to be found on the low, I'd grab a pair to complete the JC2/2015 era of the brand.
9A18bxr.jpg

All too familiar tooling is carried over from the J.Crossover 2/JC2 and of course Force Vector Premium/Leather. I didn't have major expectations as the design intent was to be a more supportive version of the JC2. I had the Leather build already for like 2-3 years now (as you may tell in the pics), so I kinda knew what that was. The lacing geometry of the Mesh is identical to the Leather, as well as accent lines and such. Obvious difference is the materials, including the top of the tongue where the Mesh runs with a bit more padding.

99qDUgT.jpg

Overall I'm finding the Mesh a bit nicer fitting than the leather because of the tongue working better with tighter lacing. I feel like the midfoot runs a bit more snug as well. There is an annoyingly tight feel at the toe vertically, but that should break in. For all-rounders you can't go wrong with either. The shared mid+lower sections of the tongue are heavily vented.

9ZWcuAj.jpg

The JC2 on the otherhand does feel like it laces higher because of the additional lace row up top. The forefoot is more free obviously due to the knit. That does make for a very comfortable shoe, but it's not for everyone because containment does take hit. More for light-on-your-feet players. I went true to size with both Force Vector renditions, and half size down with the JC2.

I like how BrandBlack simply gave options at the time. The year after, there was the JC3 and the Ether variant that mixed in leather paneling to aid containment. I didn't hear many good things about the JC3. May get it if I see it on the low, with the merit being the squishy cushion that I like from the Ether.

Back