• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Sneakerheads In The House?

Might get at the new Kobe AD installment next Friday if it's not limited.
Kobe Bryant New Shoe Nike Kobe AD Purple Black Yellow | SneakerNews.com

The AD line has been like/hate (not love/have) for me. Original AD looked nice, but massive functional disappointment. AD NXT seemed like a proper Kobe 12, but after a while personally it didn't feel all that great to move in and it looks like a Vans slip on from above. There was also an annoying compression feeling (think Jordan 10 but tighter). The AD Mid looked decent but the upper was questionably simple.

The AD NXT 360 I got a couple months ago could live up to being a Kobe 13, but if there was such a thing as a "track car" equivalent to sneakers, this would be an example. Lol me as I don't hit a court much, so I spent $200 to pretty much look at a shoe for the most part (and wear very selectively). Mesh shows your foot underneath, traction nubs will shred sooner than later, fit is so close and relies on tight lacing so you probably switch asap after a hoop session. Really, it doesn't suck, but it's all court-focused. Indoor court-focused at that because you know asphalt will run down the outsole.

So kinda hoping this upcoming AD Exodus will stop with the shortcuts/simplification of the basic AD line, but more reasonable to live with (even as a hoop shoe) than the recent 360. This does have a dynamic lacing system, what looks like a dedicated reinforcement band like the Kyrie 3. Hope the groove near the heel does something for transition movement. Midsole is layered more elaborately so hopefully some attention to detail was put in the design.

Might get at the new Kobe AD installment next Friday if it's not limited.
Kobe Bryant New Shoe Nike Kobe AD Purple Black Yellow | SneakerNews.com

The AD line has been like/hate (not love/have) for me. Original AD looked nice, but massive functional disappointment. AD NXT seemed like a proper Kobe 12, but after a while personally it didn't feel all that great to move in and it looks like a Vans slip on from above. There was also an annoying compression feeling (think Jordan 10 but tighter). The AD Mid looked decent but the upper was questionably simple.

The AD NXT 360 I got a couple months ago could live up to being a Kobe 13, but if there was such a thing as a "track car" equivalent to sneakers, this would be an example. Lol me as I don't hit a court much, so I spent $200 to pretty much look at a shoe for the most part (and wear very selectively). Mesh shows your foot underneath, traction nubs will shred sooner than later, fit is so close and relies on tight lacing so you probably switch asap after a hoop session. Really, it doesn't suck, but it's all court-focused. Indoor court-focused at that because you know asphalt will run down the outsole.

So kinda hoping this upcoming AD Exodus will stop with the shortcuts/simplification of the basic AD line, but more reasonable to live with (even as a hoop shoe) than the recent 360. This does have a dynamic lacing system, what looks like a dedicated reinforcement band like the Kyrie 3. Hope the groove near the heel does something for transition movement. Midsole is layered more elaborately so hopefully some attention to detail was put in the design.
I like the color way

Adidas NMD trail Human Race by Pharrel Williams. One of the easiest pick-up and under rated shoe of the year. I cop 3 of the pack which is 2 for the Yellow/ Black colorway and 1 of the Aqua/ Orange, 2 would be to resell and 1 to keep. I dont know which colorway i will keep, tomorrow i would be receiving the 2 pairs from adidas and it will depends on how i would feel about the yellow and black pair. I would say that the fit is kinda snug because of the TPU cage on the lateral side that makes it feel tight and I would say that the boost is softer than the regular NMD R1 and R2 so overall a very nice looking colorful shoe to rock.
4c9b13d562f9c06adfc1efffa83db1c9.jpg

36fc5694123e045baa416ccd2bdd6280.jpg

a588b746e923c30ddd5e0d2b78e712e8.jpg

ed019601d808800971c0567b22eda4cc.jpg

7b0026858a72ffdeb3ba238b5980e461.jpg

Back