• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Sneakerheads In The House?

Reebok Shaq Attaq All-Star “Superman” edition.

D68CDED9-EF2A-4223-B6C0-2735E0007C29.jpeg
104C9E37-7819-467A-8296-B67E01BBD8F9.jpeg
6D15A643-78C0-4F7B-8CBB-6C41ABB7C23C.jpeg

Adidas Rose 1.5 Retro.

Y6j7gI8.jpg

This mainly sold in China (huge fanbase there), and the FootLocker in the US apparently got some stock. I bit, happily with a coupon. There is the allure that this pair was from his MVP year. He was looking like the only force to challenge the Heat that year, and I can't say I've seen anyone move like he did in his prime.

Can't really set major exceptions for an older shoe with relatively simple tech, but I've enjoyed the Rose 4, which was a progressive evolution from this 1.5. Both utilize the SprintFrame and the GeoFit collar, and ride low. Both have forgettable cushion systems but they're so articulated that it almost doesn't matter — just don't try to make hard landings.

Difference is largely in the upper. Much softer. I can't be sure if it's real leather, or a really good imitation. For $110 retail, I just don't know. You see wrinkles fast — in a good way. It's not quite a second-skin fit like 4, but it's not as spacey as say the 5 or 6. It still conforms to the foot really well, but not that super-locked in feel that I experienced with the 4 and 7. Not exactly what I constitute as a "fast shoe". I mean you can go fast in it, but I don't feel that tendency like other shoes which I apply the description to. The collar wraps really well, though. Just like how the 4 does it.

I feel like the torsional stiffness is short of the 4 as well, likely because this is a decoupled setup whereas the 4 was continuous. What has helped fix this and fit is an aftermaket insole. Surprisingly, the 1.5 has a very welcoming base for aftermarket insoles, which tend to be a bit wider than most found supplied in recent basketball shoes. I'm using an Insite insole. The mid-level green one, and this is the first shoe I've had it in where the arch doesn't feel too pronounced.

It's surely a wearable and playable shoe. Wears more comfortably than most others in my rotation because the upper material and setup is very traditional and straightforward. I think subjectively, I'd lean to it a lot, but in terms of flat out performance, the Westbrook Zer0.2 is the shoe right now.

Other shoe I currently have of this era is the Hyperfuse 2011. I like the platform and robustness of that shoe, Zoom cushion is nice too, but that lacing system pinches. Upper doesn't conform as nicely.

OL1mTcK.jpg

Adidas Rose 1.5 Retro.

funny you posted those today, i went to the Bulls game yesterday and i almost broke out my D Rose adizero 2.0 L trains. i have only worn them like once ever because i like them so much i don't want to mess them up. one of my best friends is a banker and he gave us free tickets to his companies skybox. i hope D Rose comes back home to play next season.

Latest Posts

Back