• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Sneakerheads In The House?

Michael Air Jordan 4 — Black/Red/Cement

Like the Black Cement 3, I know a lot of people were going in with the intent to double-up. There's a lot of sentimentalism and not just hype, but I personally didn't have that attachment. Entered the Footlocker raffle only, didn't put the effort in additional head starts, didn't wake up for the SNKRS release. Didn't have a pair on release day, and figured I saved money, but today (Sunday) I went to the mall, and there was a leftover in my size.

Didn't take long to appreciate the execution of this pair, despite it not being true to the OG shape. No glue, no misalignment, stitching is complete. There is a certain nostalgia with old shoes and how they were constructed with the production and design limitations of their time. "The Shot" is a moment most shoes can't compare to, either.

EVKmHsF.jpg

Like the Black Cement 3, I know a lot of people were going in with the intent to double-up. There's a lot of sentimentalism and not just hype, but I personally didn't have that attachment. Entered the Footlocker raffle only, didn't put the effort in additional head starts, didn't wake up for the SNKRS release. Didn't have a pair on release day, and figured I saved money, but today (Sunday) I went to the mall, and there was a leftover in my size.

Didn't take long to appreciate the execution of this pair, despite it not being true to the OG shape. No glue, no misalignment, stitching is complete. There is a certain nostalgia with old shoes and how they were constructed with the production and design limitations of their time. "The Shot" is a moment most shoes can't compare to, either.

EVKmHsF.jpg

Nice i got mine too and tried to double up, but i made a stupid mistake as i entered size 10 on champs and size 9.5 on footlocker so i ended up reselling the size 10 as it wasnt my size. But its all good as i had a profit of $60 so that makes my size 9.5 personal pair less than retail for $120 ($20 rewards + $60 profit) LOL
d2b19ae0d0eec551fceb9ec8c818fbd7.jpg

5954d9be1f8937b56a35900466e6def9.jpg

23aa524af5c4f97d36f767b679219551.jpg

c824ef3dc2a61a5e92a580002d149b27.jpg

cement, heard that is fitting...... are they like walking with bricks on your feet? very hard and stiff?

In respect to newer basketball shoes, it can't take as much impact, but by no means are they actually insufficient.

Step motion plays a major role in how impact is received. Seems like some people just don't know how to roll their feet or take a landing. And there's a lot of people still wearing Chucks and Vans which are like, nothing in the midsole — whereas here there's Nike's standard foam + 2 Air units.

In respect to newer basketball shoes, it can't take as much impact, but by no means are they actually insufficient.

Step motion plays a major role in how impact is received. Seems like some people just don't know how to roll their feet or take a landing. And there's a lot of people still wearing Chucks and Vans which are like, nothing in the midsole — whereas here there's Nike's standard foam + 2 Air units.
Okay thanks.... the sole just looks like it can't bend an inch.

They are sold out everywhere... maybe they made fewer of these than the retro 5?

Last edited:
Okay thanks.... the sole just looks like it can't bend an inch.

They are sold out everywhere... maybe they made fewer of these than the retro 5?

I believe the last "remastered" series retro 5 was the Black Metallic release in 2016. I know those sat a bit because $220 was a bit absurd.

Since then, it seems like Nike dropped their production volumes. A fair share of non-remastered pairs go soon enough. I know a lot of people also have a strong attachment to the 4, and especially this color. Oddly I'm not of the bunch and got it without really trying. In reality it's my "beater" ahead of the Travis Scott pair.

Back