• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Sneakerheads In The House?

Garage sale find, used once wife sold them because she didn't like them! Lmfao Cop'd them for $10 doll hairs 🤫

20190524_220405.jpg

slightly OT, but for anyone who's curious about insoles:

Insite Carbon Pro

rBo8EPA.jpg

I usually try to make the most of standard supplied insoles. I feel like that is conducive to naturally developing posture and kicking bad habits like over-pronation. For some shoes it even lets the material wrap the arch by design. I'd say that when Nike uses quality Ortholite, it's already good as far as comfort goes.

However, I've noticed in recent models, sweat builds up stupid-fast. I've never had sweat issues in my cycling shoes or other sneakers. The insoles just break apart when I pull them out afterwards for inspection. I've already used Insite's other insoles (lower and mid-tier). I can't say this is a brand I recommend, since everyone's feet is different, but it just works for me. Their insoles seem to break in, in short time. I can tell there is a bit of an arch, but nothing too intrusive. No real influence on fit and rest height — so basically an OEM insole that adds some shape, torsional support and doesn't crumble. This respective standard size ("4", which works for men's 8 -9.5) doesn't need me to cut anything .

mPxVxTs.jpg

Since insole replacement is looking like a realistic practice in newer Nike shoes I wear often, I went for the $90 Carbon Pro this time. I wouldn't expect it prematurely fails unless the glue sucks, so hopefully it's a single-time investment. It actually seems to have a similar profile than Insite's other models, feeling closer to OEM shape and stack. Not as plush as an original insole, but should come with more longevity, and probably better suited in active situations.

Latest Posts

Back