• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Sneakerheads In The House?

Picked these up today; pretty gnarly.

Vibram Furoshiki wrap shoes.

IMG_20210922_154145358.jpg

wp-content-2.jpg

Nike Dunk Fragment/Beijing Re-issue

With Dunks I was waiting for right color/right time, of course that got harder because society on a whim decided this had to be a harder target for resale. Glad that this pair has been slow to gain traction.

Mainly wanted a pair to compare with my AJ1 and AF1 since these came out around the same time.
Much prefer the AJ1 upper. AF1 has the more comfortable cushion setup, but the Dunk is an interesting middle ground imo.

Dunk Fragment.jpg

Shoe Palace x Adidas Forum Low "Fabulous Forum"

Of a 1,200 pair run. Maybe there is some value in a couple years, but Adidas doesn't really hold that well in terms of demand. The fact I could casually cart this months after release probably says something, too. Materials don't seem crazy either. Wear pair without real hesitation. I did want a Forum to see how it compares with the 80's Nike Basketball shoes I have.

Adidas Forum Low.jpg

Adidas Forum Low 2.jpg

Aime Leon Dore x New Balance 550 just came in the door

There's a bit of a pause that comes with this. Goes into my current run of 80's basketball shoes, very nice in person, but I'm not sure I need it. I'm at that point where I've got enough nice enough shoes and it's just no longer a good reason to hold onto stuff.

ALD NB550.jpg

Aime Leon Dore x New Balance 550 just came in the door

There's a bit of a pause that comes with this. Goes into my current run of 80's basketball shoes, very nice in person, but I'm not sure I need it. I'm at that point where I've got enough nice enough shoes and it's just no longer a good reason to hold onto stuff.

View attachment 910295
That looks like a Dad shoe.

D Rose 4 Restomod

Sentimental pickup. My original pair was picked out of chance, without the box and packaging, no choice in color etc. Still have that pair, but nice I can re-do this more on my terms.

Upfront it's a lot of fuse and plastic, but if I needed to play in something, this is still up there.

Revising the midsole foam to Bounce was pretty much the main thing I wanted for the original pair. It's not particularly plush like the Dame 2 of the same era, as it runs mostly under the torsional plate, but that's sort of the point with a guard shoe like this.

20211021_205514.jpg

Back