• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Sneakerheads In The House?

Jordan 312 - Armory Navy

Since going 1/2 down my TTS earlier this year worked out really well on an AJ1, I was curious to try this pair again, and my luck that Nike decided to bring it back.

I'm not big on hybrids (and especially fusions). Usually just a visual mash up without a real direction otherwise. Not sure if it's an accident, but the 312 actually seemed to go somewhere with its chosen elements. Generally speaking, my problem with the Jordan 1 is it runs so low with minimal impact protection, and my problem with the 3 is that the upper+tongue can pinch with some lackluster chunky fit.

Both those problems get fixed this way, but the Jordan 1 is dated, so the eyelet reinforcements and heel overlays from the 3, the added midfoot overlays inspired from the Force STS(?), and the strap from the Alpha Force (which MJ wore for a second) — there's some logic here, and it's all from the '85 through '89 timeframe so it's an interesting hindsight of what Nike could've done with resources at that time to make a basketball shoe

Jordan 312.jpg

Crumbling 2000 Jordan 6 midnight leaves in a few days to the cobblers for resole from a 2017 flight'91. Repaint of midsole etc etc. And restore...

View attachment 860698

Then the sneakers I'll be walking the pup in here for her final night time sh*t lol.

2003 AS MVP Super 'Bron.

View attachment 860699
So the cobblers in FL finally shipped back the $350 restoration and sole swap I've been waiting for on my Y2K Jordan 6 Midnights. I will post photos soon. 6 months!!! They told me 6 weeks and I'm a sucker so I paid up front. LOL. UPS Ground takes 6-7 days to get to Cali. Patiently waiting!!! I could buy a brand new set for $500 but they'd probably still crumble when wearing. Since the leather on Jordan 6 was nice back then I think it'll have been worth it if the glue holds!!!

Aime Leon Dore x New Balance 550 just came in the door

There's a bit of a pause that comes with this. Goes into my current run of 80's basketball shoes, very nice in person, but I'm not sure I need it. I'm at that point where I've got enough nice enough shoes and it's just no longer a good reason to hold onto stuff.

View attachment 910295
Is that so? Size? 🤔

Latest Posts

Back